cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWBQM - to change mass IP

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I know that we can change mass inspection plan with CWBQM. We wanted to upload DMR rule at MIC level for thousand MIC in inspection plan.

Now in ur business we do IP change with change number only. So all IP have diff CO number. Now in our case can we do mass change of IP?

Do we hv to use one CO or we can use multiple?

Tom.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I think you should use LSMW by recording method in order to fulfill this requirement. Record LSMW for QP02 where in input you have to give change number. I also tried through CWBQM but did not succeedbecause of change number.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Mar 18, 2010 11:22 AM

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So if I am not using change number to change inspection plan then CWBQM will be help full to update DMR at MIC level in IP. but we are using CO to change IP so we need to use LSMW.

Let me correct if I understood wrong.

I have seen in our case if I go with CWBQM then system ask CO to change IP but in our case diff IP has diff CO number b'se of that only I am getting confusion here.

Expert your time now.

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Mar 18, 2010 5:49 PM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I also tried to map this requirement through CWBQM and facing the same problem that you faced. Hence I cannot comment whether it is possible in CWBQM or not.

But yes I tried through LSMW for QP02 and results were satisfactory. If I have understood it correctly, your requirement is to activate DMR at characteristic level for thousands of inspection plan. This option we find in header data of inspection plan. While recording LSMW kindly input following,

1. Material code

2. Group

3. Group counter

4. Key date

5. Change number that you have already created

6. Enter

7. It will lead you to header data

8. Here give suitable DMR and save

9. Map all the fields correctly in auto field mapping and then prepare the template file to upload this data.

All the best. Get back in case you face any issue in LSMW.

Best Regards

Anand Rao

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Now I have my data ready. It is around 10,000 entry in excel sheet for inspection plan MIC. No I want to upload DMR rule A10 in front of all these 10,000 MIC.

We change inspection plan with CO number only. If CO status is "99" then only it allow to change inspection plan, but normally it remain in closed status - "50". SO if we want to upload DMR rule at MIC level for inspection plan. Do we need to change CO status to 99 first or we can go ahead with LSMW tool directly?

Please help.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what you think - can we use QDR7 in this case?

In QDR7 system ask from field as mandatory but in our case from field is balnk.. so we want to replace blank to rule xxx. Can we use QDR7 in this case?

We have around 10,000 inspection plan where we want to add rule at blank space.

Tom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TOM,

You can achieve it this way,

Run CWBQM

Enter Current Working Area as "Q_OPR_000000000010"

Press Enter

Enter on the "Additional Selection Criteria" button.

Now enter all your material codes or group number in this screen and then press "Ctrl+F7"

System will give you the entire MIC list.

Now select the DMR Column and select the relevant rows (may be all)

then follow the path.......

Extras-->Mass Change and then enter the DMR created. And then save.

it will update.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal for reply. I tried with your suggestion, I entered only 3 group in selection parameter for test but it took lot of time to fetch data finally I stopped transaction. I don't know why?

Can we use QDR7 in our case? in our case we want to replace blank to zzz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tom,

QDR7 will work if you want to replace already attached CMR with some new or other DMR as they both are Mandatory fields in at the selection criteria to execute the transaction.

Now what I will suggest is try to enter only one group and counter combination and try to execute the CWBQM successfully, Once you will build up some confidence then i am sure there will be some way out that you will find.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shyamal - Appreciate your help.

Really good, somehow it works this time.

What is the limit of Group field? I wanted to ask how many inspection plan we can change in one shot?

Just now I realized one more problem in this mass change.

We have selected Defect recording check box for both Qual as well as Qnt MIC. Now when we do mass change system is not updating DMR rule for QNT MIC. It says defect recording not defined. What could be reason behind this?

When we do mass change after that system send some information message that data updated in log. where is that log? where can I see?

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Aug 7, 2010 1:44 AM

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To run CWBQM transaction when I enter only inspection plan group number(without material number) then system is taking lot of time to pull result. Even some time I get time out error because of that but if I run with material number(without group number) then getting result immediately.

Any one know why system behave ike this for CWBQM?

former_member224727
Active Participant

>

> Hi TOM,

>

> You can achieve it this way,

>

> Run CWBQM

> Enter Current Working Area as "Q_OPR_000000000010"

> Press Enter

> Enter on the "Additional Selection Criteria" button.

> Now enter all your material codes or group number in this screen and then press "Ctrl+F7"

> System will give you the entire MIC list.

> Now select the DMR Column and select the relevant rows (may be all)

> then follow the path.......

> Extras-->Mass Change and then enter the DMR created. And then save.

> it will update.

>

> Regards,

> Shyamal

I don't know but when I ran CWBQM today for same purpose, system was updating DMR rule for qualitative MIC only. Any one can through some light on this?