Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating the Value Assignment Type in SPRO

there are following check box... which are

CharCopy Active - Automatic Activation of Copied Value Assignments

New Val. actv - Automatic Activation of New Value Assignments

Change Active - Automatic Activation of Changed Value Assignments

I have read the help for each check box but still concept is NOT so clear...

Could you please elaborate me the significan of each check box...

also, couuld you tell me that As per Standerd / Regular Industry Practice, which of the above check boxes should be active and which should not

Please Guide..

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol

The check boxes :

a.) CharCopy Active - Automatic Activation of Copied Value Assignments

b.) New Val. actv - Automatic Activation of New Value Assignments

c.) Change Active - Automatic Activation of Changed Value Assignments

can be used like this:

c.) you have created a data record in a property and you have maintained a usage (active indicator is set). Now you change something (what so ever) and save. By standard now the system removes any active indicator in the usage and the user must activate again to make sure that the data records will e.g. be printed in a MSDS

b:) The user creates a new data record in the property (value assignment). If you have prepared a default usage (connected to the value assignment) not only th usage is generated immedieatly but any usage is active too

a.) using the property tree you can copy data records from one specification to anoither etc. If this flag is "checked" the data records which have been copied are active (that means an usage is active)

So these check boxes can simplify the maintenace form user perspective (by the way: you can doi the some on identifier level)

With best regards

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christoph..

Couuld you please tell me that As per Standerd / Regular Industry Practice, which of the above check boxes should be active and which should not

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol

in some sense there is no "standard" how a company should/can use these check boxes. Both options have pros/cons.

In my opinion best practise is to "set them" (all three) and to prepare a user manual in which this "behaviour" of the system is explained.

From the point of view of "clicks" the number of clicks are nearly the same.

E.g.

if you not activate them you have to set the indicator and you must save the data records and

if you have activated and you would like to take some time to think once again about content of the data record you would remove the active indicator and save (later you must set them again to activate them and save them regarding MSDS etc.).

In any case: to my experience the end user training regarding how to use the usage and what does the active indicator means (as well as the relevancy indicator) is not an easy task.

By the way: there is to my knowledge no corresponding customizing activity in which you can handle how the "relevancy indicator" can be set or not. So in any case (because the existance of an activated relevancy indicator is "driving" change marks in WWI reports) end user need their "time" to understand how to use properly this usage.

Further on they should be familiar in how to use the output variants (because using them you can get an fast overview about there a active indicator is missing etc.)

With best regards

C.B.

PS: additionally: the usage on the level of the identifier is "special" in some sense. Keep in mind this (especially in WWI reports). The reason is that the usage on the identifier has been created with EH&S 2.7. So in principle: you need not to use the usage to print a identifier in a WWI report but you should do that (because by using the usage you can additionally control the access rights of users).

PPS: one "strong" pro in my opinion to use the "active" option is this:

If you enter e.g. a source or a user defined text in the data record this information is normally not used in a WWI report. Therefore if you haven't "activated" this in customizing the user must ! set the acitve indicator once again. This means: Any ! change in data record (together with save) will remove the active indicator by standard (without using the three check boxes).

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 21, 2010 8:02 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 21, 2010 8:05 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 21, 2010 8:06 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 21, 2010 8:06 AM

Answers (0)