cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Web Dynpro for Java developers.

The Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit is available now [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebDynproforJavaDemo+Kit].

Please feel free to use this thread to give any kind of feedback you want.

Enjoy!

Jochen (on behalf of the complete Web Dynpro for Java team.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

i followed the link to the download location, but just lands me on the default SDN page.

Could you please let me know where I could download the demokit for CE7.2 and CE7.2?

I specifically need the new generation TableFilter.java and the classed that goes along with it

regards

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to get the updated TableFilter but could not access the download file.

Could anyone of you send me the TableFilter.java file instead to my email please?

rmvilladarezATgmail.com

Thanks.

Private_Member_52584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi....

its very usefull to me

Regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a NetWeaver 7.3 demo kit available? It's mentioned in CD201 in http://www.virtualsapteched.com but I can't find it...

Maybe I missunderstood, the slide mentions 7.11, 7.2 and tomcat only..

Edited by: Richard Linnander on Apr 7, 2011 4:19 PM

andreas_fritzler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nice work!

I have one question though: Is it possible to use the new WDJ Nova theme in production? (CBS/UI Governance support etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Very nice package !

I was trying to run it with Jetty as a completley embedded J2SE application and applications load (e.g., /WebDynpro_DemoKit/Servlet/test.sap.comtcwdtutcal~team/TutorialApp) but unfortunatley clicking on anything that starts a server interaction seems to produce an ArrayOutOfBounds exception at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

error (emmbeded code and error stack trace at the end).

Do you think you might be able to look into addressing this issue on the foreseeable future ?

Thank you very much,

Ion Constantinescu

-- code to run embedded jetty --

import org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server;

import org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext;

String webContent = "C:
w
WebDynpro_DemoKit
";

Server server = new Server(8880);

WebAppContext context = new WebAppContext();

context.setDescriptor(webContent+"/WEB-INF/web.xml");

context.setResourceBase(webContent);

context.setContextPath("/WebDynpro_DemoKit");

context.setParentLoaderPriority(true);

String plus_cfg_classes[] = new String[] {

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.MetaInfConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.FragmentConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.Configuration",

//"org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.JettyWebXmlConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration",

};

context.setConfigurationClasses(plus_cfg_classes);

server.setHandler(context);

System.out.println("starting web app...");

server.start();

System.out.println("started web app - waiting for final join.");

server.join();

--- offending stack trace ---

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.updateEventQueue(AjaxClient.java:463)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.phases.TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.execute(TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.java:46)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequestPartly(WindowPhaseModel.java:162)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doProcessRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:97)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:514)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:55)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doExecute(ClientApplication.java:1688)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doProcessing(ClientApplication.java:1502)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ApplicationSession.java:899)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:871)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:356)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:328)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doContent(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doPost(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:62)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:527)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:423)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:493)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:225)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:930)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:358)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:866)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:337)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:764)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:424)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:489)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,<br/><br/>

Very nice package ! <br/><br/>

I was trying to run it with Jetty as a completley embedded J2SE application and applications load (e.g., /WebDynpro_DemoKit/Servlet/test.sap.comtcwdtutcal~team/TutorialApp) but unfortunatley clicking on anything that starts a server interaction seems to produce an ArrayOutOfBounds exception at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

error (emmbeded code and error stack trace at the end).<br/><br/>

Do you think you might be able to look into addressing this issue on the foreseeable future ?<br/><br/>

Thank you very much,<br/>

Ion Constantinescu<br/><br/>

-- code to run embedded jetty -- <br/><br/>

import org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server;<br/>
import org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext;<br/><br/>

String webContent = "C:\\w\\WebDynpro_DemoKit\\";<br/><br/>

Server server = new Server(8880);<br/><br/>

WebAppContext context = new WebAppContext();<br/>
context.setDescriptor(webContent+"/WEB-INF/web.xml");<br/>
context.setResourceBase(webContent);<br/>
context.setContextPath("/WebDynpro_DemoKit");<br/>
context.setParentLoaderPriority(true);<br/><br/>

String plus_cfg_classes[] = new String[] {<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.MetaInfConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.FragmentConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.Configuration",<br/>
	        //"org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.JettyWebXmlConfiguration",<br/>
	        "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration",<br/>
        };<br/><br/>

context.setConfigurationClasses(plus_cfg_classes);<br/><br/>

server.setHandler(context);<br/><br/>

System.out.println("starting web app...");<br/><br/>

server.start();<br/>

System.out.println("started web app - waiting for final join.");<br/><br/>

server.join();<br/><br/>

--- offending stack trace ---<br/><br/>

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.updateEventQueue(AjaxClient.java:463)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.phases.TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.execute(TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.java:46)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequestPartly(WindowPhaseModel.java:162)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doProcessRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:97)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:514)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:55)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doExecute(ClientApplication.java:1688)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doProcessing(ClientApplication.java:1502)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ApplicationSession.java:899)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:871)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:356)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:328)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doContent(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doPost(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:62)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:527)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:423)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:493)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:225)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:930)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:358)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:866)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:337)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:764)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:424)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:489)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you have imported the files HM-WDUIDMKTCNT.sca, HM-WDUIDMKTCORE.sca and HM-WDUIDMKTSCNR.sca into NWDS you need to create the WebDynpro project tc/wd/tut/table/sofi When that is done you should be able to use TableFilter.java and TableSorter.java from the package com.sap.test.tc.wd.tut.table.sofi.util (or use CtrlshiftT)

Best regards

//Marcus

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen & Marcus,

I have tried to find out SCA files but no success.

Could you please let us know where to find the Software Components like HM-WDUIDMKTCNT SCA file etc as metioned in the demo kit applications.

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the SCAs are available under

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebDynproforJavaDemo+Kit

Check the links mentioned for the needed CE release.

Best regards

Jochen

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Thanks a lot for the information. Very Nice!!!

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

the installation guide available in the download is incomplete i am stuck at the

How to Use Stateful iFrames in an Web Dynpro for Java Application

this guide comments about of a deploy of the follow file

WDTutorialsPortalContent.epa

in order to configure the application i am still seraching for this without any success

also the description of the archive configuration

not describe what component edit to change it

then the demo still not work in the portal

i apreciate more detail about this

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the Demo Kit for CE 7.11 I am trying to use the Table Filter and Table Sorting features on webdynpro tables. I was going through the tutorial attached in demo kit. But I couldn't find the Table Filter and Table Sorter java classes. The once I have are older version i.e. for NW 2004s. I am looking for latest classes for CE 7.11. Looks like the new tutorial has differnt filter method and ocnstructor. Can you please provide us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vincente,

I am stuck at the same point. Did you have any luck finding the epa file ?

Take care

Ingo

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really nice that, i am more interested in Tomcat version

ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen, just tried to download the demo kit but the links seem to be broken. I get an 404 error page could you please update the download links? thx in advance.

patrickwenger
Participant
0 Kudos

I've had the same download problems as well ("...please contact...") - until today. Maybe this has nothing to do with the problem at all, but after many unsuccesssful download attempts with IE 8, I tried another browser to download the file. Instead of IE I used Opera - and suddenly everything went well....

Patrick

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm very interested in Tomcat version Web Dynpro Java too. Maybe it is possible to deploy WDJ directly to Tomcat with NWDS(technically).

But SAP Netweaver is a Business platform. It is complex and has lots of management functions.And it contains ABAP and Java Application server.

I know Many guys would like the SAP Netweaver application server be more light-wight like tomcat.

Or just use tomcat as a web container in SAP Netweaver environment.

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

which Tomcat version and Java version is supported ?

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tested it in Tomcat 6.xx and Tomcat 5.5.

Java 1.6 was used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request. Please contact sdn@sap.com for further support. "

The pictures look good and I was very interested in the Tomcat version...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly I am unable to gain access to the download link as i keep getting errors, could someone please possibly post a direct download link to the Java Kit for 7.2 as i cannot get it at the moment. Thanks

hendrik_brandes
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

first of all: Congratulations! Not long ago I discussed with a collegue wether its possible to migrate WD4J to any JEE-Servlet Container. Now you answered the question very impressive!

But... How can we use this in our projects? Is it allowed to develop applications which are running on the tomcat-version of WD4J? Or is this version intend to give every developer a single installation as a small and fast environment?

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your positive feedback.. It is no surprise that the Tomcat version is very interesting for a lot of people within the WDJ community ,-) - and therefore we also work on an answer how to make this available as "public" version.

For the moment the Tomcat version is only "demoware" - not from an technical point of view but more from an "legal" point of view. But as I wrote: we are working on this and could give more answers hopefully soon.

By the way: what is your "vision" for this? Using SAP IDE to build your WDJ apps as before, compile them and deploy them to Tomcat automatically? Would you also expect and SAP independent IDE and build environment?

What´s about features where a web container is not enough like EJB model?

Best regards

Jochen

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Very informative thread.

Thanks

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochenl,

What about teh use of a JBoss/Glassfish/Oracle as EJB container and Tomcat with Servlet/JSP container to use full EJB capabilities on WD4J? It's just technical point of view, because I think that in legal view it will be more complicated.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same point as Isaias said..

What about using a Glassfish or jBoss? - They will have the capabilities of a full J2EE Container.. this would be a very, very attractive scenario for those who does not have at first intention on going to SAP NW but want it in future (it would reduce a lot migration costs, etc..)

About the IDE, I don't think SAP needs to work on a new IDE or anything like that.. just open the the ability to use external plug-ins.. I think it would be enough.

And congrats as I said before in the weblog.

Daniel