27 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 1:13 PM by Karishma Chaudhary RSS

Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit

Jochen Guertler
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Web Dynpro for Java developers.

The Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit is available now [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebDynproforJavaDemo+Kit].

Please feel free to use this thread to give any kind of feedback you want.

Enjoy!

Jochen (on behalf of the complete Web Dynpro for Java team.

• Re: Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit
    Hendrik Brandes

Hello Jochen,

first of all: Congratulations! Not long ago I discussed with a collegue wether its possible to migrate WD4J to any JEE-Servlet Container. Now you answered the question very impressive!

But... How can we use this in our projects? Is it allowed to develop applications which are running on the tomcat-version of WD4J? Or is this version intend to give every developer a single installation as a small and fast environment?

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

Jochen Guertler

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your positive feedback.. It is no surprise that the Tomcat version is very interesting for a lot of people within the WDJ community ,-) - and therefore we also work on an answer how to make this available as "public" version.

For the moment the Tomcat version is only "demoware" - not from an technical point of view but more from an "legal" point of view. But as I wrote: we are working on this and could give more answers hopefully soon.

By the way: what is your "vision" for this? Using SAP IDE to build your WDJ apps as before, compile them and deploy them to Tomcat automatically? Would you also expect and SAP independent IDE and build environment?

What´s about features where a web container is not enough like EJB model?

Best regards

Jochen

Isaías Cristiano Barroso

Hi Jochenl,

What about teh use of a JBoss/Glassfish/Oracle as EJB container and Tomcat with Servlet/JSP container to use full EJB capabilities on WD4J? It's just technical point of view, because I think that in legal view it will be more complicated.

Best regards

Daniel Ruiz

Hi,

Same point as Isaias said..

What about using a Glassfish or jBoss? - They will have the capabilities of a full J2EE Container.. this would be a very, very attractive scenario for those who does not have at first intention on going to SAP NW but want it in future (it would reduce a lot migration costs, etc..)

About the IDE, I don't think SAP needs to work on a new IDE or anything like that.. just open the the ability to use external plug-ins.. I think it would be enough.

And congrats as I said before in the weblog.

Daniel

Satish Jhariya

Hi

Very informative thread.

Thanks

Satish Kumar

dave tomas

Unfortunatly I am unable to gain access to the download link as i keep getting errors, could someone please possibly post a direct download link to the Java Kit for 7.2 as i cannot get it at the moment. Thanks

Kai Unewisse

Hi Jochen,

which Tomcat version and Java version is supported ?

Regards,

Kai

Shen Peng

I'm very interested in Tomcat version Web Dynpro Java too. Maybe it is possible to deploy WDJ directly to Tomcat with NWDS(technically).

But SAP Netweaver is a Business platform. It is complex and has lots of management functions.And it contains ABAP and Java Application server.

I know Many guys would like the SAP Netweaver application server  be more light-wight like tomcat.

Or just use tomcat as a web container in SAP Netweaver environment.

venkata Bollapalli

Really nice that,  i am more interested in Tomcat version

ravindra

• Web Dynpro for Java Demo Kit
    Vicente Flores

the installation guide available in the download is incomplete i am stuck at the

How to Use Stateful iFrames in an Web Dynpro for Java Application

this guide comments about of a deploy of the follow file

WDTutorialsPortalContent.epa

in order to configure the application i am still seraching for this without any success

also the description of the archive configuration

not describe what component edit to change it

then the demo still not work in the portal

i apreciate more detail about this

regards

Marcus Wass

Hi,

once you have imported the files HM-WDUIDMKTCNT.sca, HM-WDUIDMKTCORE.sca and HM-WDUIDMKTSCNR.sca into NWDS you need to create the WebDynpro project tc/wd/tut/table/sofi When that is done you should be able to use TableFilter.java and TableSorter.java from the package com.sap.test.tc.wd.tut.table.sofi.util (or use CtrlshiftT)

Best regards

//Marcus

Ion Constantinescu

Hello Jochen,

Very nice package !

I was trying to run it with Jetty as a completley embedded J2SE application and applications load (e.g., /WebDynpro_DemoKit/Servlet/test.sap.comtcwdtutcal~team/TutorialApp) but unfortunatley clicking on anything that starts a server interaction seems to produce an ArrayOutOfBounds exception  at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

error (emmbeded code and error stack trace at the end).

Do you think you might be able to look into addressing this issue on the foreseeable future ?

Thank you very much,

Ion Constantinescu

-- code to run embedded jetty --

import org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server;

import org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext;

String webContent = "C:
    w
    WebDynpro_DemoKit
    ";

Server server = new Server(8880);

WebAppContext context = new WebAppContext();

context.setDescriptor(webContent+"/WEB-INF/web.xml");

context.setResourceBase(webContent);

context.setContextPath("/WebDynpro_DemoKit");

context.setParentLoaderPriority(true);

String plus_cfg_classes[] = new String[] {

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.MetaInfConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.FragmentConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.Configuration",

//"org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.JettyWebXmlConfiguration",

"org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration",

};

context.setConfigurationClasses(plus_cfg_classes);

server.setHandler(context);

System.out.println("starting web app...");

server.start();

System.out.println("started web app - waiting for final join.");

server.join();

--- offending stack trace ---

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.updateEventQueue(AjaxClient.java:463)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.phases.TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.execute(TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.java:46)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequestPartly(WindowPhaseModel.java:162)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doProcessRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:97)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:514)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:55)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doExecute(ClientApplication.java:1688)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doProcessing(ClientApplication.java:1502)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ApplicationSession.java:899)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:871)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:356)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:328)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doContent(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doPost(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:62)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:527)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:423)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:493)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:225)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:930)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:358)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:866)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:337)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:764)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:424)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:489)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Ion Constantinescu

Hello Jochen,<br/><br/>

Very nice package ! <br/><br/>

I was trying to run it with Jetty as a completley embedded J2SE application and applications load (e.g., /WebDynpro_DemoKit/Servlet/test.sap.comtcwdtutcal~team/TutorialApp) but unfortunatley clicking on anything that starts a server interaction seems to produce an ArrayOutOfBounds exception  at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

error (emmbeded code and error stack trace at the end).<br/><br/>

Do you think you might be able to look into addressing this issue on the foreseeable future ?<br/><br/>

Thank you very much,<br/>

Ion Constantinescu<br/><br/>

-- code to run embedded jetty -- <br/><br/>

import org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server;<br/>
      import org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext;<br/><br/>

String webContent = "C:\\w\\WebDynpro_DemoKit\\";<br/><br/>

Server server = new Server(8880);<br/><br/>

WebAppContext context = new WebAppContext();<br/>
      context.setDescriptor(webContent+"/WEB-INF/web.xml");<br/>
      context.setResourceBase(webContent);<br/>
      context.setContextPath("/WebDynpro_DemoKit");<br/>
      context.setParentLoaderPriority(true);<br/><br/>

String plus_cfg_classes[] = new String[] {<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebXmlConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.MetaInfConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.FragmentConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.EnvConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.plus.webapp.Configuration",<br/>
                   //"org.eclipse.jetty.annotations.AnnotationConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.JettyWebXmlConfiguration",<br/>
                   "org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration",<br/>
              };<br/><br/>

context.setConfigurationClasses(plus_cfg_classes);<br/><br/>

server.setHandler(context);<br/><br/>

System.out.println("starting web app...");<br/><br/>

server.start();<br/>

System.out.println("started web app - waiting for final join.");<br/><br/>

server.join();<br/><br/>

--- offending stack trace ---<br/><br/>

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.SimpleUCFEventQueue.<init>(SimpleUCFEventQueue.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.updateEventQueue(AjaxClient.java:463)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.phases.TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.execute(TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.java:46)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequestPartly(WindowPhaseModel.java:162)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doProcessRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:97)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:514)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:55)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doExecute(ClientApplication.java:1688)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.doProcessing(ClientApplication.java:1502)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ApplicationSession.java:899)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doApplicationProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:871)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:356)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:328)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doContent(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doPost(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:62)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:527)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:423)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:493)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:225)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:930)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:358)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:183)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:866)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:337)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:764)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:424)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:489)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Andreas Fritzler

Nice work!

I have one question though: Is it possible to use the new WDJ Nova theme in production? (CBS/UI Governance support etc.)

G.venkata krishna rao

Hi....

its very usefull to me

Regards

venkat

Robie Simon Villadarez

Hello,

I need to get the updated TableFilter but could not access the download file.

Could anyone of you send me the TableFilter.java file instead to my email please?

rmvilladarezATgmail.com

Thanks.

F. van der Merwe

Hi There

i followed the link to the download location, but just lands me on the default SDN page.

Could you please let me know where I could download the demokit for CE7.2 and CE7.2?

I specifically need the new generation TableFilter.java and the classed that goes along with it

regards

Actions