SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for movement type 251

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

While checking account determination for logistic movements, I find that according to standard customizing, movement type 251 is related to account modification VBR. You can easily see this: OMJJ --> Check movement type --> type "251" --> Select "Account Grouping".

Now my question: what I don't understand is why VBR and not VAX. GBB-VBR is the transaction key + account modification for internal goods issues (such as consumptions of material) and it's accordingly associated to movements types 201, 261, etc. which seems logical to me since these are internal GI's.

Now, 251 is IS-Retail movement type to reflect a POS sale, "GI for sales" as the short text indicates, so it is not an internal goods issue but rather an external one, not different from movement type 601, which is a normal sale and is associated to GBB-VAX. GBB-VAX is the transaction key + account modification for sales goods issue.

I know I could easily copy 251 to create another movement type and assign any account modification to it, that's not the issue. The only problem is that I must explain to my client how account assignments work, and I cannot find a single reason why in standard SAP IS-R an external goods issue (251) is associated with an internal goods issue account modification (GBB-VBR).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Mr. Parada.

Have you found any answer for this question since 2010?

It would be nice if you share with the community.

Best regards,

Konstantin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you create an invoice in SAP?

do you have an SD process for the 251 movement, or is it nothing else than the MM equivalent to 601 for the case that you work without SD, which then makes it similar to any internal goods issue (VBR = German and means VERBRAUCH = consumption)

0 Kudos

Hello, Juergen.

We do not create invoice in SAP (SD module is not implemented).

The goal is to to post retail sales handled in external (non SAP) system.

Stocks available for those sales are managed in SAP ERP (not IS Retail).

So we need an MM equivalent to 601.

I expected 251 to post agains VAX (P&L) account.

Otherwhise this transaction looks exactly as 201 in FI/CO.

I guess the idea is that we have to post 251 to the different CO object (CC) than we do for 201, in this case they should settle the costs in CO to the proper VAX (P&L) account at the ent of the period.

Do you think it's a good guess?

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following could be the reason . Generally for consumption there are two types . One is Planed and another one is un planned . 251 is unplanned and 601 is planned .This indicator in the moment type for 251 is R-( Planned if ref to a reservation other wise unplanned ) and for 601 it is G Planned . for total consumtion .

This could be the reason for the same .

0 Kudos

and also moment indicator for 601 is L GOODS MOMENT FOR DELIVERY NOTE and for 251 is blank goods moment without reference .

so clearly there is a difference between 251 and 601 and hence that difference .

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thank you for response.

251 is one movement type used in IS Retail for POS sales posting.

That is planned GI without reference to the preceding document.

The questiot is only for proper account determination and posting logic.