cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate bom items

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, created a bom with 2 roh materials as bom items. For the first line item, alt item group 01 maintained as 1 (priority),2 (strategy-100% check), 100 (usage probability) and for the second line item maintained the same settings. Now wants system to pick the roh material, which is having more stock (more qty). when I create production order, system is selecting only the first line item. Pls advise how to rectify the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The setting of the priority of an item within an alternative item group determines the sequence in which material components are reserved in the production order.

Strategy is to determine how the items within an alternative item group are selected for the withdrawal posting. Use the same strategy for all alternative items in an alternative item group.

Your requirement of withdrawal posting for ROH which has highest stock is not possible in standard system.

But

Strategies for withdrawal postings are supported with:

1) Withdrawal according to usage probability (manual changes possible) or

2) Withdrawal if availability is 100%

So in your case if 1st item is available 100% then the system considers only 1st

If it is not available then only it searches for 2nd item 100% availability

Hope you have understood the system logic

Pavan

For further clarification ref:

Edited by: ch pavan on Mar 22, 2010 3:22 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a0/1016bd4c8311d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this will answer your question.

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I will suggest you to use Discontinuation data method give by SAP. This will hopefully solve your purpose. Refer this link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/b1/c044d1439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards

Abhijit Gautan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit Gautan,

I dont think we can achieve Alternative Item selection through Discontinuation method both are different scenarios

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In discontinuation data your second mateiral will get picked only when the stock of first material is NIL. If this is your requirement then you can go for this.

In MRP, the discontinuation functionality is used to transfer dependent requirements of a component to one or several follow-up materials, if the requirements are no longer covered by stock.

Regards

Abhijit Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju!

According my knowledge, Standard SAP doesnt fully support as you expect. If you set first line item as 1,2,100 and same for line 2. System will check and pick up full for first line item, and 2nd line item system will list out as information, you can change it manually. Can not run as the way you want.

Regards,

Tony