cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLED Without Batch?

Former Member

1. Is SLED possible without activating batch management. If so, what reports are available to monitor materials that have expiration dates? I can't find a standard report in SAP that doesn't use batch.

2. If SLED is NOT possible without activating batch management, then what pieces of batch management must be turned on in order to use SLED?

We want to use SLED for a handful of materials that have an expiration date - things like rubber gaskets. We want to be able to monitor these materials so we know when they are nearing their expiration dates. I attempted to use MB5M but no results are returned.

Since we're not producing these items, I don't see where batch management serves any purpose for us. We're buying the items for use in our plants. I've configured SLED so that it is active and I've set the SLED-related fields in the material master for a couple of test materials. Even with this, when I run MB5M, I get no results.

Thanks for your help.

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

you can use SLED if you have WM active, as the system has a way to track elements of stock but an IM only level it has no way to do this. For example if you receive a number of GRs and issue some stock, how does it know from which stock.

If it's IM level only then you can't use SLED in isolation, except as a function on receipt as per Jurgen's answer.

Regards,

Nick

butchi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

without batch management you can only check at goods receipt if the material has enough shelf life.

but if you want monitor shelf life for materials on stock, then you have to have batch managment.

MB5M works only for batch managed materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen - What pieces of Batch Management must I activate? I would want to have internal numbering and automatic numbering during goods receipt. I don't need classification because we're not producing this item. What other things need to be turned on for this limited type of batch management?

Thank you for your help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to think about at which level you want batch management. plant, material or client level.

batch classification is essential if you want use batch determination, e.g. to pick oldest batch, or to pick a batch that has x days remaining shelf shelf (to make sure that a shipment to Australia does not expire while it is on the sea)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLED w/o batch is possible. For a report se Tx LX27.

Do you have WM active ??

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick - We don't have WM, only Inventory Management. Isn't LX>> for WM only?

Thank you