cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disadvantage of using MMPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to open the Period 04 2009 (July 2009) as the User wants to do the Goods Issue in that Period.

Current Period in the SAP System is 12 2009.

My question is do I need to open period 11 2009, 10 2009, 09 2009 u2026. in t he descending order or can I directly open the period 04 2009 .

Someone has told us that we should avoid such Transactions as it impacts the SAP Standard Reports related with Finance. Is this correct? Should we avoid such transaction?

Please advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would only use MMPI if a period was accidently closed in the middle of the month, I would never do it to fix just one posting in an old period.

search OSS with keyword MMPI and read all the related notes to understand the danger. Read the docu behind the blue info button in transaction MMPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply/ advice.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MMPI is not advisable if it is not warranted for.However you can intialise the period

Go through " Note 487381 and Note 369637"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normal Process in MMPI is, check the material movements in each period, open sequentially period by period duly rversing/ reverse posting of the stocks in those periods, and after completion of your activity, close in the reverse sequence by posting the relevant stocks.

This is definitely effects the Financial Reports, if the value is very High.

You should well aware of all integration things before doing this Transaction.

We did it in our production system twice for archiving some materials.

Umakanth