cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconstruction

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

I can see the Request 121235 in InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab.

I also can see this Request in InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction tab.

I deleted the Request in InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab. Then in InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction tab, I selected this Request and click on Reconstruct button.

But this is not happening, InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction tab, the Request available in data target column is RED. It says the Request is no longer exist in the data target.

What I expect is system will restore back this Request into InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab. Is this what the Reconstruction is doing?

OR

I should not delete the Request in the Request tab?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the PSA for that request is available. it is possible that PSA would have been deleted.

One more thing you can do is: Go to the monitor of that request. Correct whatever error was there. And then use 'Process Manually'. This should get back your request into Cube.

Regards,

Pratap Sone

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

The Request is still in PSA. I can load the Request from PSA back to this InfoCube,no problem.

What I understand is instead of load the the Request from PSA, I can just load it from the Reconstruction but doesn't seem working.

Please explain/help on if the Reconstruction is work in this way.

Thanks.

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the request is available in PSA then it should allow reconstruction. If the request status is red , then change it to green and then try.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Pravendar,

Yes, the Request is in PSA. So:

1) I can see the Request 121235 in InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab.

2) Then in InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction tab, I selected this Request and click on Reconstruct button.

3) System will restore back this Request into InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab.

This is the Reconstruction purpose correct?

But I dont see to be able to change the Reqeust status in Request into InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab.

And I dont get to see this REquest is re-loaded into Request tab.

Please advise, thanks.

Edited by: lynn on Mar 26, 2010 7:58 AM

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lynn

We can reconstruct a request only when it is not available in request tab.

Suppose due to some reason you have deleted a request from the cube. But you want to reload that request to cube. In this case, instead of loading it from PSA again, we directly reconstruct it from reconstruction tab.

Now tell me if you have any doubt.

Pravender

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Pravendar,

Your explanation is clear - thanks.

This is what I have done:

1) Deleted Request 121235 in InfoCube ->Manage ->Requests tab.

2) Then in InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction tab, I selected the Request 121235 and click on Reconstruct button.

But I dont see this Request is re-loaded into Request tab.

InfoCube ->Manage ->Reconstruction, I have "X" appear on this Request avaiable in data target column.

Please advise, thanks.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Pravendar,

sorry, i think it is cache.

I exit and go back RSA1 again, and yes, I can see the Request is re-loaded into Reqeust tab.

Thanks for you help!

Answers (0)