cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profit center accounting activation for 3KEH to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have document splitting activated, where I have sent the constant as PC - Dummy.

Now in 3KEH - GL acct interval for PC , I have defined B/s account and also defined different PC for the same.

But when I have transaction using the GL in 3KEH, it takes the DUMMY PC and not the one defined in 3KEH.

So I unticked the standard assignment in Document spliting and in which case , there is NO profit center picked.

Pl advise whether I have to activate PC Accounting in controlling, so that 3KEH works.

Thanks

kamala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yeah sure you wil be going to need to activate profit center accounting in order to have 3keh working ..

hope this helps

regards

sayeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Even though I activate PCA, the system uses the setting defined in 'activate docu splitting' ie the constant.

There must be some logic on when the assignment of GL acct to PC based on derivation rule in 3KEH will apply. Does it apply only to FI transactions, or even to the FI docu generated from other modules. From the testing in F-02 or FB60, I do not see the 3KEH setting being used. System reads the one in 'activate docu splitting'.

Thanks for any input on the above.

kamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

profit centers assigned in the 3keh are default profit centers which are only updated when a profit center assignment has been missed out in a transaction. thoguh the purpose of the 3keh is to allow a balance sheet veiw profit center wise and the profit center assigned to it serves only as a default object . suppose a transaction needs to be posted , the system searches for a profit center in the transaction if no assignement is to be found then the system posts the document to the profit center defined against the g/l in the 3keh

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do understand the usage of 3KEH . My question is that the transaction does not pick the PC from 3KEH but from the constant defined in 'activate docu splitting '. Why ?

This means 3KEH works under certain conditions, for certain transactions...........WHAT ARE THEY ?

In FB50, when i dr and cr B/s accounts without any assignments, the PC picked is NOT from 3KEH. WHY ?

Thanks

kamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kamala,

this link should help you alot.

Answers (0)