cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A row delimiter should be seen after column number

Former Member
0 Kudos

A column delimiter was seen after column number <70> for row number <533394> in file

The total number of columns defined is <70>, so

a row delimiter should be seen after column number <70>. Please check the file for bad data, or redefine the input schema for

the file by editing the file format in the UI.

So i checked the flat file i was trying to retrieve the data for the row number and checked the last column and did not find anything unsual in that row that could have caused this error.

There are 70 columns and it proposes there is a problem in the last column. I checked but there were no carriage return

Please help me on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

That's not a bad idea setting the overflow file to yes.

But rather than doing that you can set the ADAPTABLE SCHEMA to Yes on the flat file configuration.

Please let me know if it works

former_member660243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked with my problem as well.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please dont use ADAPTABLE SCHEMA,

Because if you have problem in row 200 in colmun 5, this option will replace your data with null values from column 6 to whatever columns you have in the file. Risk!!!!!!

currently i dont have any answer for this.

0 Kudos

Even if there is bad data in that column for that row cause this error. So, open the file in Ultraedit or other editors and verify the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhakar Naganathan, Great solution! It worked for flat( *.csv) file in BODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too had this problem. I would suggest you check your data and set your file properties carefully. If it is a tab delimited file then choose the delimiter as tab in the file properties.

former_member659011
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank U, that has solved my problem

0 Kudos

Thank you! It worked for me.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!! We're having the exact same problem. We have a flat file that, without any modification, uploads perfectly in Microsoft SSIS. However, when trying to import it in SAP DS, keeps sending the same error when running the job or even trying to preview data.

Changing the "Adaptable Schema" property is not an option because the values of some columns will not be correct.

The flat files should not need any modification because there's another tool that can upload it...

Do you have any other solution?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue. Is there any solution apart from setting the Adaptable Schema to "Yes".

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Nagaraju Dokku

There are two solutions:

• Fix your data so that the problem does not occur.
  • Do not set adaptable schema and consider a too short row an error.

I have the feeling you are looking for something else.

Just to make sure we are on the same page:

You input data is

Region1,100.00
Region2,200.00
Region3
Region4,400.00

Clearly there is something wrong with Region3. Either this is an error and the file needs to be recreated correctly or you want to be graceful with such too-short-rows. In the latter case you enable the adaptable schema which esseniatlly says "I know these things can happen".

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears to me the problem with the particular row(s).

I suggest open the file in notepad if not very big and look at the record number 533394.

you can also use u2018Overflow fileu2019 option in the error handling section on the target table under the option tab to find out the bad record(s).

Regards,

Vibhor

former_member660243
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm getting the same problem, while converting an SSIS package to DI.