cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP / AR Subledger to GL Reconciliation Controls Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on putting together an SAP audit program, and need to ensure that I include controls around the reconciliation between the AP and AR subledgers and the general ledger. I know that there are reconciliation accounts setup and that a document posted in one of the subledgers will automatically be posted in the G/L, and think that this principle alone would greatly reduce the number of controls around this process. Are there instances where AP/AR transactions would not post to the subledger (and hence not post to the general ledger)?

Also, I know that the reports RFKOPO00 (A/P open items) and RFDOPO00 (A/R open items) can be run and used to reconcile the reports. How would you know that all AP and AR transactions would be reported? What types of non-reconciling items would appear in these reports and what would be the process for resolving such items?

Please let me know when you get a chance. Your help on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barnean - No....if you run FBL1N/FBL3N the default is "normal items" and those are items that would have posted to GL. If you select parked documents and noted items, you'll identify the items that would not have posted to the GL.

gladys_xing
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew,

You could try to confirm the total of Open line items in FBL1N/FBL3N by line item level and total level. you can also use FS10N as well.

Normally the balance in reports you mentioned should be equel to balance in FBL1N/FBL3N and FS10N.

With Best Regards,

Gladys xing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gladys,

Thanks for the help with this issue. Just a couple of additional questions: Would all AP and AR transactions appear in one of the reports noted in your answer? What types of non-reconciling items would appear in the reports RFKOPO00 (A/P open items) and RFDOPO00 (A/R open items), and what would be the process for resolving such items?

Please let me know when you can.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be some open items which are just created as Noted Items and Parked Items in the subledger, but never got posted to reflect in the GL. Make sure when you run FBL1N/FBL3N, Select Noted Items and Parked items in the TYPE options to find any such items.

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! So...just to confirm...I can run FBL1N/FBL3N, Select Noted Items and Parked items in the TYPE options, and find ALL items posted to the AP and AR subledgers? That listing could then be compared to the items posted in the G/L and the differences would be the "non-reconciling" items?