cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solman Installation

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1----

> Installation & Upgrade --> Windows Server --> Microsoft SQL-Server

instead of

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1----

> Installation & Upgrade --> Windows Server --> Oracle

I see that the size and download object for installation master of Oracle and MSSQL Server are the SAME.

EXE 51036441_1 SAP Solution M. 7.0 EHP1 Inst.Master 1 of 3 Info 976563

Similarly, 2 and 3 of 3.

Also, I believe that inst master is the same for all platforms / OS / database because it includes sapinst and other components for each. Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Where are you seeing this file? I was unable to locate this under Solution Manager Installation and Upgrade > Windows Server > Microsoft SQL Server or ORACLE. Both places do not have this that you have specified in there.

Normally, the installation files would depend on what kind of a system you do have such as the OS, Database or if it's a 32 or 64 Bit. However, in the past, I have seen some files that have been gathered which included all the files for all systems inside them. In your case, this may be one of them which come for all systems and once specified during the installation, you may pick the correct patch within.

Thanks,

Mark

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Its right there at the market place:

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1

51036441_1 SAP Solution M. 7.0 EHP1 Inst.Master 1 of 3

and 2 / 3 of 3

Also, can you confirm... you mean to say that Inst master will have to be downloaded separately if I have to do two installations, one on Oracle and MS SQL.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

51036441_1 SAP Solution M. 7.0 EHP1 Inst.Master 1 of 3 and 2 / 3 of 3

What you have downloaded (51036441_1, 51036441_2, 51036441_3) is actually a single compressed RAR file splitted in to 3 seperate archives.

There will be a common INSTALLATION MASTER for all databases (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2 etc.). You can use already downloaded installation master for both ORACLE and MS SQL installations.

You can see the options when you execute SAPINST.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede