cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can only post in new year after closing the previous year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As a part of new requirement we have created additional 10 new copmany codes last year and have not posted any of the document(Asset transaction) in either of the company code and at present in order to carry out testing we have closed the last fiscal year 2010 and started to post few asset transaction in new fiscal year 2011 and tried to run the depreciation of the same thru AFAB tcode but while doing so the system is throwing an error message as "You can only post in new year after closing the previous year"

I have already closed the fiscal year and opened the new fiscal also but still the system is throwing up this error inspite of trying of many times. Can any one let me know what needs to be checked inorder to overcome the issue as i need to over come this issue ASAP.

checked all the con-fig and nothing seems to be missing but have no clue as where went wrong.

Thanks in advance

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope both AJAB and AJRW are completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Im can confirm that i have completed both the actions but still getting the same error.

Thanks and Regards

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

There were several postings related to this issue you could have searched the forum before posting this message.

Any how, please go throgh the sap note 144441. I hope this is your case.

Regards,

Kiran Yelamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thankyou all.

We need to check the config in OAYC tcode while creating the new company code as the fiscal year and period should always be blank if no data migration takes place.

Cheers

Sri.