Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have a issue related to RG1. My client went Live on SAP in October 2008. Table J_2IRG1BAL is not maintained properly for all the Finished product. Later on whenever some new material created table J_2IRG1BAL was not updated. They keep on extracting the RG1 register and always found it not in proper order. They also use to maintain their manual RG1 register, which they use for Excise Declaration. Now they want that their RG1 should come through the SAP system only.

At present their RG1 Table J_2IRG1BAL is completely messed up. We are unable to determine when they have extracted it , and extraction of RG1 is again not on a systematic manner.

Can some one guide me how can I correct it, can I reload the entire finished goods once again in J_2IRG1BAL as per their Go-Live date. Or we can start from a new date. Do we need to delete old data and tables. Please guide me with details and steps which I can take to correct RG1 and what precaution should I take.

Thanks in advance

Amitesh Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh ,

You can edit tables J_1irg1 and J_2IRG1BAL.

But before you go for that ,I would suggest that you can check with business team in logistics regarding the Rg1 balances in phyiscal register they are maintaining.

Check for the FG inventory .

Also check for the excise invoice number and billing document number in SAP .

I hope that is all done thru SAP.

whenever you create an excise invoice ,value updating is created which is completed by qunatity updating at the time you run J1I5 and J2I5.

so better way is to get first the Correct balance figures for inventory and RG1 in books ,and then u can update J_2IRG11bal first.

Its like cutover activity while going live , same activity u can repeat if there are no other issues.check with accounts/finance as well.

Summary table (J_1IRGsum) is just for checking input and output flow from Rg1. System checks whether you ahve input qty in RG1SUM greater than outbound , so once you update any input flow for qty in FG through RMA classification you can dispatch material without any error.

For Rg1 table you can edit it once u get all the details.

Pl contact SAP ,they will provide u the edit key for tables.

You need to set up Rg1 serial . but you may not get all the material documents updated in RG1.

also as u mentioned ,new materials are not getting updated ,that means users are not following correct process of updating J1ID .

so either u can write a code with abaper to update J1ID automatically once new material is created.

and u can also check the maintenance of master data through sales order user exit ,sothat sales order will not get saved untill excise masters are present for materials.

this willl avoid any future issues.

Use the available options with maximum cautiion and provide right training to users apart from the enhancement I suggested.

Pl revert for any clarification

I hope this helps

Regards

Mandar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

I have a similar issue to the one mentioned. I am not an expert in CIN. I request you to help me in this issue.

Will be helpful if I can get any contact details to personally take the help from you.

Regards,

Gajam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP Note 951955 - CIN: General clarifications for RG1 goods.

Raise a ticket at SAP service market place. SAP India is likely to offer you better solution than me or any body else will give you at this forum.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Anyone can throw some light on this issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete all entries in tables following sequence

1. J_1IRG1,

2. J_2IRG1BAL,

3.J_1IRGSUM

Then again update in j1i5 and extract j2i5 the data. Only thing is you can't view material wise quantities in J2I6 transaction standard RG1 format.Only chapter id wise is available. Most of the clients required their own formats ( specially material wise) for RG1. This you need to develop with the help of Abaper.

Thanks&Regards

Jagan

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan

Thanks your response. I was thinking in this line only.

Guide me is it necessary to delete the entire record of Table J_1IRG1, J_2IRG1BAL, and J_1IRGSUM in this sequence only? How we can delete these tables, is their any particular procedure for this? After deleting what we need to do, means we again upload the J_2IRG1BAL , from which date,i.e., whether we upload the data as on Go-Live date or 01.04.2010.

Is there is any special care we need to take.

Looking forward for your suggestion. Is there is any other possibilities?

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan

Thanks for your response.

Need some of the clarification:-

1) Is it important to delete the said table in that particular sequence, and how can we delete the table.

2) We need to re-upload the the J_2IRG1BAL table. The data we upload should be of which date (a) Go-live Date, (b) 01.04.2010

3) Do we need to take some extra precaution?

4) Anything else you would like to suggest, how should I go about this.

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

To delete data please consult abper. there is no specific sequence to delete but there is link between these three. Even you delete balance table j_2irg1bal if you dont delete j_1irg1.

The other table is storing only total receipts and total issues. If you dont delete this data this will remain and subsequently it will show including these old figures.

My sincere suggestion upload the data freshly from 1.04.2010 on wards,..... And also simultaneously let them maintain legacy also for some time till both matches. Because you can make corrections and slowly get into practice.

Though RG1 is related to only receipts and issues because of wrong selections user face some errors. This can be streamlined one by one by giving proper training in selection of input values like dates, classifications, m.types,......

As per my experience most of the clients get issues maximum RG1 related only in CIN.

Jagan

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Apr 9, 2010 4:51 PM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response Jagan.

I need to clarify few doubts if someone can help :-

1) How this RG1 updated, means when this RG1 Register updated for Quantity and when for Value.

2) When the table J_2IRG1BAL, and J_1IRGSUM get updated and whats their use.

Thanks in advance

Amitesh Anand

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakanthan

Thanks for the link, But that link does not give answer of my querries.

Can someone give some idea.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

1).How this RG1 updated, means when this RG1 Register updated for Quantity and when for Value

When ever you update data through J1I5 t.code and extract the data by using J2I5 t.code both related material quantities and value will be updated in RG1 register.

2) When the table J_2IRG1BAL, and J_1IRGSUM get updated and whats their use.

When ever you extract data J-2IRG1BAL table is updated. This table contains all opening and closing balances of materials.

The cumulative receipts and issues for all updated materials are stored in J_1IRGSUM table.

Jagan

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Apr 11, 2010 12:11 PM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Jagan for your input.

Any idea about table J_1IRG1 and its function.

I would appreciate if the Gurus like Mr. Lakshmipathi, Mr. Ramanathan Raja throw some light on the issue in which I am involved that will certainly going to help me in taking the decision.

Thanks And regards

Amitesh Anand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1) How this RG1 updated, means when this RG1 Register 
         updated for Quantity and when for Value.

When you inward the material, quantity will update and when you make sales and run J1I5, both quantity and value will update.

With regard to updation, please go through the following link and also the relevant notes indicated by Prashanth Goud.

[Re: RG1 updation |;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Lakshmipathi for your response.

My main issue is that after more than 1.5 years can we rectify the RG1 data since user was initially not maintaining the balance in J_2IRG1BAL table and they also not use to extract RG1 at times. So now the data is completely messed up and it is not correct when the user match it with their manual RG1 Register which they maintain properly on a daily basis.

As Mr. Jagan suggested that we can delete the table J_2IRG1BAL, J_1IRGSUM and J_1IRG1. And then reload the opening of material as on 01.04.2010, so that in future the user do it properly and at-least they can get correct RG1 from this financial year. I was thinking on the same line.

Need your valuable input in this regard.

With regards

Amitesh Anand