cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM60 Material List - New Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement is to generate a report for material list (MM60) which includes MRP Controller and Material creation date. In the standard layout these options r not available.

I'm new to enhancements.

For MRP Controller (MARC_DISPO)

For Material creation date (MARA_ERSDA) is this correct ??

Please help me how to develop this custom reports. What should I use? User exits, bapis or query quick viewer (SQVI).

I am also posting this question in ABAP forum.

If there is any other transaction that works just like MM60 which also includes MRP Controller...tat is also good enough.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to copy MM60 report and make a Z-report. You will have the flexibility of adding further data if required and change them.

SQVI report faces these problems,

1. It lacks flexibility, everytime you need to add a field you have to go to the SQVI and add and carry out the other steps.

2. Its client dependent and even if you transport to other client you need to run once in SQVI in that client before it s functional.

3. If you have multi-table data selection, SQVI report takes a long time. Moreover, you can not put selection control while selecting data from Table.

So if your requirement is for Daily use report, suggestion is to have Z-report.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi darpan,

ur suggestion to Z-reports is very helpful. I am trying to work on SE11 Tcode and tried copying the MARAV Table. But, it is asking me for the package and created a local package. Saved and activated and did consistency check. But I'm now stuck with appending/adding fields from MARC table. Can you please tell me the steps to join two different tables or guide me to links on how to work.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not seen any user exit or BAPi for the MM60 report.

You you can either copy the MM60 report to a Z-report and amend the coding to include the wanted information into the output. or

you define the list yourself using SQVI (which still can be converted into an ABAP report later). Whether SQVI is good for you or not can only be ansered by yourself and how detailed your request actually is.

Each view has its own creation date. Here you have already the conflict to decide which creation date will be used in your report. If you are satisfied enough with the creation date of the basic data view, then you can use MARA-ERSDA.

But to know the creation date of this material in that plant, then you have to look into table MSTA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MSTA table is for Material Master status which has following fields related to Dates:

ERSDA - Created on (same as MARA)

LAEDA - Date of Last Change (its already available in Standard MM60 report)

in MARC I found: MMSTD - Date from which the plant-specific material status is valid. when you said "creation date of this material in that plant" - Is this the one you are referring to. Can you please tell me which specific field you r talking about?

Actually I'm also not sure, which Creation date the user is talking about. So, I am trying to sort out all the possibilities and options on Material creation date for my next meeting.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for this purpose, SQVI is more than enough.

You just need to join the related material master tables.

The lines will be repeated just like in MM60, if you have more than 1 valuation type.

If you dont have valuation type in your company, then ignore the above statement regarding valuation type.