16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2010 8:33 AM by Vitalii Tyshchenko RSS

Loan Disbursement and other flow types- what posting to GL/AR is applicable

Fisayo Olubiyi
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

We are implementing Loans Management, and I have just disbursed a loan of £100,000, but I cant see any posting in the GL account assigned to the flow type 0001 in FNZA account determination. Please at what point should there be posting in GL or customer accounts for amounts disbursed, representing total loans given? At what point should there be posting to GL/customer accounts for other flow types?

Can anyone help with how to configure the posting for loans transactions? Anywhere I can find detailed documentation?

Kind Regards

Fisayo.

• Re: Loan Disbursement and other flow types- what posting to GL/AR is applicable
    KM Kumar

Hi,

I think you are mixing up so many things here.  But in brief I can say,

1.  The posting can be either to customer or to GL account - you need to choose one of them per your requirement.

2.  Per each disbursement you need to have posting.   Basically it is for every flow which need accounting has to be posted to FI, either to Customer or to GL based on the decision above in point 1.

thanks,

Kumar

• Re: Loan Disbursement and other flow types- what posting to GL/AR is applicable
    Vitalii Tyshchenko

If you want your disbursement to be posted at customer account:

In account determination schemas (Tcode FNZA) you should use schema where Payment transaction field = "X"

Further, make sure that in menu "Define condition groups - Assign condition types to condition groups per application" you have defined your disbusement flow per application category 001 as payment transaction (''1"  symbol)

if you defined disbursement flow per application category as not payment transaction ("0" symbol) then postings will be made with schema (in FNZA Tcode) where payment transaction field = "1" or "2" but mostly with "1".

• Re: Loan Disbursement and other flow types -Posting to customer accounts.
      Fisayo Olubiyi

Many thanks for your quick response..

This was helpful, however, disbursement is still posting to GL accounts.

Our requirements are that we post to customer accounts since the payment program will be used to pay customers and  to collect monthly payments via direct debit payment method.

The following are the settings so far:

In transaction FNZA, there are three entries for flow type 0001 in the system each having payment trasaction set as 1, 2 and X. I dont know which of these is the automatic posting is referring to when posting disbursement.

In  "Assign flow types to condition group per application" application functions 001 to 103 corresponding to flow types 0001 to 3145 already have payment transaction ID set to 1

Not sure if there is a condition type for loan disbursement, and also not sure of what condition types to assign to application functions in the activity " Assign condition type to condition groups per application"

When I use FN5V to disbursement a loan, the "Payment"  tickbox is grayed out so that I am not able to specify that the disbursement should be posted to a customer account.

What could I be missing? All I want to do is to configure loans given to post to customer accounts. Please help.

Thanks.

Vitalii Tyshchenko

You should check also customizing of your product type in the company code

Check field Posting to FI (it should be filled with "3" symbol)

KM Kumar

Per your settings it should now post to customer accounts.  Can you pls clarify what are the account symbold for 0001 - X in FNZA.  Also the accounts that are assigned in this configuration.  Need further analysis to find out if you are missing something.

Please also check what are the setting for FI posting at the following path:

Loans Mgt - Transaction Mgt - Product types - Company code settings for product type -

Here what is the option selected for the product type under Basic settings -

1     SAP Banking: No operative usage, no FI posting

2     Actual records in subledger, no FI posting (not loans!)

3     Actual records in subledger, FI posting with customer

4     Actual records in subledger, posting in FI without customer

Option 3 or 4 are relevant.  It should be option 3 to make posting to customer.

Hope this helps.

Kumar

Edited by: KM Kumar on Apr 15, 2010 9:50 AM

Fisayo Olubiyi

Thanks guys.

The following are the settings- maybe you could help identify where I am missing something:

Status per product type in company code

Status   Description                          DGr           FI Doc

1   Application                    1

20 Contract offer                    2

31 Application completed/deleted     1          

34 Contract offer completed             2                  3

37 Contract Completed                    2                  3     

60 Contract                             3                  3

90 Planned Completed                    3                  3     

99 Actually Completed                    3                  3

Only status 60 was FI = 3 before while others are 4, but I have now changed status 34 to 99 to FI = 3 as well, yet it is not posting to customer accounts.

DGr: 1 = application docs, 2 =offer docs while 3 is contract docs.

In FNZA, the following are the settings for loans disbursement:

Transaction type          0001           

Payment transaction         1     

Acct Symbol

Debit                                40     1                   Balance

Credit                               50     3                  Bank

Document type               SA           

Posting category =15

Payment transaction         2     

Acct Symbol

Credit                               50     3.1                Bank (substitute)

Document type               SA           

Posting category =13

Payment transaction         X     

Acct Symbol

Credit                               15     2.2.0             Cust Disb Oblig

Document type               DA           

Posting category =12

Which of the GL accounts in FNZA must be reconciliation accounts?

What is the best practice for loans given- post to customer accounts or post to GL accounts?

Does anyone know why the 'payment transaction' tickbox is blank and not editable when I am trying to post a disbursement? Does this has to be ticked to post to customer accounts?

Thanks very much for your help.

• Re: Loan Disbursement and other flow types- what posting to CUSTOMER
    Fisayo Olubiyi

Thanks guys for your support.

I have realised why the error was coming up. The account assignment ref must be an ordinary account while the FNZA for disbursement obligation account for customer posting must be a reconciliation account.

The system is now posting correctly to customer and GL accounts. The open items are there for payment with the payment program.

However, can you please help with the next processes:

How do we generate monthly repayment to be collected from the customers?

What are the other processes to run to have a complete end-to-end scenario? I need to demonstrate this to some users.

Once again, many thanks !

Regards

Fisayo.

Actions