12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2014 1:43 PM by C Saravari RSS

Inbound Delivery: Inbound WHSCON IDoc with Batch Split - HowTo...?

Uwe Schieferstein
Currently Being Moderated

Hello

We have another tricky problem to solve on our ERP 6.0 system.

My colleagues of Lindt UK create manually inbound deliveries (VL33N) which are replicated to the warehouse (DESADV IDoc -> TRADACOMS.ORDHDR).

When the goods arrive at the warehouse they send back a good receipts message (TRADACOMS.DLCHDR -> WHSCON IDoc).

In some cases we have a batch split because the goods have been put into different storage locations. Example:

- item 10: 200 Cases of product 4711, batch 10-2011,  in storage location '0001' (free available for Sale)

- item 10:     5 Cases of product 4711, batch 10-2011, in storage location '0004' (damaged)

I am aware that in the inbound WHSCON item 10 is a main position and the two actual batch split positions are sub-items (900001 & 900002 with HIPOS = '10'). I tried to used E1EDL19-QUALF = 'BAS' (= batch split) with the sub-items but failed so far to update the inbound delivery that I can see the batch split.

I have managed to get one sub-item but not 2 of them. Somehow the system aggregates the quantities for both sub-items into the single item that shows up in the inbound delivery.

When we send the inbound delivery to the warehouse the item looks like this:

- item 10: 200 Cases (no batch yet, Putaway quantity = 0, because these data are coming from the warehouse).

QUESTION: Has anybody else been faced with a similar (if not identical) problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable input.

Regards

Uwe

• Re: Inbound Delivery: Inbound WHSCON IDoc with Batch Split - HowTo...?
    Uwe Schieferstein

Hello

I have debugged the fm IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY which processes the inbound WHSCON IDoc in our system.

Although the IDoc contains different storage locations ( E1EDL24-LGORT ) for the same batch these locations are basically ignored during processing.

Using the Online help [Delivery Interface|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/e2/654b15a9f411d184ec0000e81ddea0/content.htm]

I can get a batch split when I have the SAME storage location but DIFFERENT batches.

However, I would need a batch split having DIFFERENT storage locations for the SAME batch.

Whereas in the dialog transaction VL32N it is possible to make such a batch split for different storage locations it seems to me that this is not possible using the IDoc.

Regards

Uwe

Finbarr O'Donovan

Hi Uwe,

I am wondering did you ever solve this problem. We have the same requirement and unable to get it to work.

Our deliveries are sent to an external system. No batch splits are done initially in our system as the external system will tell us what batches to pick. We are using WHSCON to try an update the delivery to create the batch split lines but so far we have failed.

We are populating as follows:

In E1EDL24

POSNR     900001

MATNR     AA303858

MATWA     AA303858

ARKTX     JS CHEDDAR WHT MILD/MOZZARELLA GTD 500G

MATKL     80300

WERKS     0280

LGORT     OSFG

CHARG     13041019

KDMAT     5010012225402

LFIMG     6.000

VRKME     CAS

LGMNG     6.000

MEINS     CAS

NTGEW     30.000

BRGEW     30.000

GEWEI     KGM

HIPOS     10

HIEVW     1

LADGR     0002

TRAGR     0001

VKGRP     000

POSEX     900001                                     

In E1EDL19

QUALF     BAS

Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Regards,

Finbarr

Uwe Schieferstein

Hello Finbarr

I assume that you do NOT send any (suggested) batches to your warehouse. Otherwise you would have the same problem like we have that the WHSCON cannot overwrite a (suggested) batch.

However, if you just send the quantity per item then the batch split is much simpler than you suggested:

"First E1EDL24 segment:

POSNR     50
        MATNR     000000000000602006
        MATWA     000000000000602006
        CHARG     L1519   " <<< first batch
        LFIMG     37.000
        VRKME     CT

"Second E1EDL24 segment:

POSNR     50
        MATNR     000000000000602006
        MATWA     000000000000602006
        CHARG     L1880   " <<< second batch
        LFIMG     37.000
        VRKME     CT

Well, and as qualifier we use: E1EDL19-QUALF = 'XYZ'  " a dummy

The SAP system is smart enough the realize that these two E1EDL24 segment belong to the same item yet have different batches and, therefore, yield a batch split in the delivery. The system generated the 9xxxxx numbers for this sub-item lines automatically.

Although I believe that it is not possible to change a batch in the delivery using an inbound WHSCON I would appreciate to have a final proof of this assumption. I could imagine that if you first delete the item containing the suggested batch and then add a new item with the actual batch from the warehouse it might works. However, this would require to implement a user-exit which I do not prefer.

Regards

Uwe

PS: It seems I gave an answer to the wrong question (should be EDI (DESADV): Can batches be overwritten by an inbound WHSCON (pick conf)? )

C Saravari

Hello Uwe,

We also have the same problem to split the same batch in 2 different storage locations.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you and regards

Chutima

C Saravari

Hello,

See OSS note 773677.  SAP recommended to use the V55K0011 SAP enhancement in FM IDOC_INPUT_DESADV1 to copy storage location from the IDOC.

Regards

Chtuima

Actions