cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG37- BOM/BOS- Bill of Material Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on Bill of material trasfer using CG37. With the use of userexits available in the CG37 we customized the T-code as per our requirement. My question is like this- Suppose A is the BOM Header (for which we have to create the substance)having the material "B" assigned as BOM item, but this B material is assiged to a substance of the specification catagory "GGCLASS" and when we try to transfer the BOM it gives an error saying " No specification assigned to material B". When we checked in the code it the FM checks "C1L1_SUBSTANCES_FIND_BY_MATNR" the specification catagory "GGCLASS" and if it is so then it terminates the processing by raising the error. Our custom developement is not afftecting this as our code starts after execution of standard FM "C1L1_SUBSTANCES_FIND_BY_MATNR".

Please let me how to proceed for "GGCLASS" or standards SAP doest allow this?

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Can you elaborate on functional requirement for linking a Bill of Material for specification category of GGCLASS as ideally Dangerous good class can not be a component for standard composition in a specification?

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakumar,

You are correct, we should not link GGCLASS to any other specification type. I have also raised this to client and they are checking as this configuration is done by some other vendor. Removing the assignment is the easiest way to overcome this problem but do you have any idea about the BOM/BOS which is not trasffring the bill of item as a compostion because it is assigned to the "GGCLASS"?

Thanks for quick reply,

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

It is not possible without modifying the code - not to exclude GGClass from selection.I see the following options

1) Modify the code to accept GG Class - so that system will not screen out GG from selection

2) Manually maintain the composition for GGCLASS, once standard BOM - BOS is completed

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayakumar,

This means SAP -CG37 does not support GGCLASS right? This what my observation is and same your confirming? If yes definatly we can remove the assignment of GGCLASS itself.

Correct? or we can use the first option always but seems to be difficult cause the Standard FM is used in many places and not only in CG37.

Regards,

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Borde on Apr 16, 2010 9:34 AM