cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add SAP BI or BEx Reports on Reports Work center link in WEB UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have question, How to add SAP BI Reports on Reports Work center link in WEB UI? I found an article on SDN but could not understand. Please provide all steps in detail.

Thanks,

BMW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BMW325ci (I hope you have the latest model )

Here are the steps:

1. have the BI team create a webversion of the report. (not required when calling a query directly

2. create in SPRO --> CRM --> UI Framework --> UI Framework Definition --> Display SAP NetWeaver BI Reports in CRM the reports you want to display

e.g. BI Report ID Z_DYBE_GROSS_SALES_CUST_MAT

Long description Revenue per customer/materialgroup

BI Object Type HT Template 3.x (depending on your BI version)

BI Object Key ZWCOPALM01_PPS_REVENUE_ARTG_V2

BI System (when using the webtemplate, nothing needs to be filled)

3. create in SPRO --> CRM --> UI Framework --> Technical Role Definition --> Define Navigation Bar Profile

a. A logical link for each BI report.

e.g. Logical Link ID ZDB-ACC-DE

Type D BI report

Target ID DISPLAY

Parameter Z_DYBE_GROSS_SALES_CUST_MAT

Parameter Class CL_CRM_GEN_UI_BI_UTIL

Icon Name GC_ICON_REPORTS

Title Revenue per customer/mater.

Description Revenue per customer/materialgroup

b. Include in the relevant Report Work Center Link the logical links you have created in step 3.a

e.g. Group ID SLS-ACC-RE

LogLinkID ZDB-ACC-DE position 80

c. Make sure that your work center link is assigned to the work center

e.g. Work Center ID SLS-REPORT

GroupID SLS-ACC-RE position 10

d. Make sure that your work center is assigned to your navigation bar profile

at this moment the report is linked to a standard workcenter, which can be shown on the webui.

4. In your business role, you need to of course make sure that the flags on the workcenter entries are set on show in menu and directly.

This should give you the complete picture.

KR,

Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

One question.

Where do you define the assigned BI system from where the BI report is being executed???

Thanks a lot.

Susana Messias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susana,

This is what the documentation of the relevant SPRO entry explains:

Default BI RFC Destination

As long as you have not specified a SAP NetWeaver BI system in your basic Customizing settings or in the section 'Optional: Dynamically Specify BI System RFC Destination', the framework always calls the default SAP NetWeaver BI system. You must assign the default SAP NetWeaver BI system (RFC connection) to the logical system CRMBWDEST in transaction BD97. If there is no logical system CRMBWDEST, create this logical system in transaction BD54.

For more information about manually creating the logical system CRMBWDEST in transaction BD54, see SAP Note 1069281.

so in tx BD54 you can define your system.

KR,

Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micha,

Nope I dont have the latest version of bmw, no money, happy wit current car :).

Well, thanks for replying. As I see, all the work is for crm consultants to do, I guess there is no work for BI consultant here rather than creating a web query. Am I right?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bmw325i-oldversion,

that's right. All work for CRM and practically nothing for bi

cya,

Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its 325Ci not i.

Anyways, thanks for clearing my doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micha,

We are facing problem here,

In your case, you have told:

I Report ID Z_DYBE_GROSS_SALES_CUST_MAT -- Is this a BEx query technical name?

Long description Revenue per customer/materialgroup

BI Object Type HT Template 3.x (depending on your BI version) -- this is ok

BI Object Key ZWCOPALM01_PPS_REVENUE_ARTG_V2 -- what is mean by BI Object key ?? what is difference between Report ID and Object ID?

BI System (when using the webtemplate, nothing needs to be filled) -- when using webtemplate means? and why nothing to be filled if you are using webtemplate ???

I appreciate your help. please provide more details, we are doing first time.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by: BMW325ci on May 5, 2010 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Micha,

I'm having a problem with my BI reports.

I have added two of BI reports that are not available by default. I can see the report when I logon to webui. When I click on the report, it's diaplaying a blank page CRM_UI_FRAME/WorkAreaViewSet on the top of the page.

When I defined display BI reports, I have added the object key and tried with both assigning and not assigning the BI system.

This object is a webtemplate and I selected template 3x

I only have the following options in BI system.

Query, query vies, template, info provider and enterprise report

I also added query view report and I can see the report on the web page and getting the blank page

On the standard report, I'm getting a sognon pad and when I enter the userid and password, it's not doing anything.

Could you please help me with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micha, Ricky and Susanna,

I am in the same situation. I wanted to know defining of the logical system CRMBWDEST needs to be maintained in the CRM system? or BW,?

Also I am asked to show the BEx reports in the CRM web UI so for that am I also required to check the Bex portion in Query Properties "Allow External access to this query" ..?

Reply Awaited.

Best Regards,

Niyati Shah

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reopening my post!!!

We have maintained all the necessary setting in CRM for BEx query. We got URL Link on CRM home page. Our requirement is whenever user clicks BW query url it should directly execute the query result without any sign on for bw (Single sign on). Considering this requirement, we have maintained same user id's in both BW and CRM systems. RFC connection tests are working. all the necessary roles for RFC and authorization roles are maintained for my user role.

But whenever I click the URL i am getting error that " can not connect to BI system" We have upgraded from CRM 5.0 to CRM 7.0 and BI is on 7.0.

Do you think its any patch issue or User ID/RFC issue? I have searched for any SAP Note in support portal but could not find any.

Please let me know anybody has any idea on this issue.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BMW325ci,

Our requirement is the same, without any sign on for BW.

However for our case, We managed to connect to BI system,

But it request for sign on to BW.

Therefore just wondering whether your sign on For BW works?

Is there any particular setting for this?

Greatly appreciated if anyone has any idea for this issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

You should have the BC team activate Single-Sign-On between BI and CRM.

This avoids that you need to log on to BI.

Of course this also implies that you need to have all users on both CRM and BI (with additional license cost as a result).

KR,

Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin/Micha,

@Robin

I am able to link BI queries on CRM home page. But we are still solving problem of Single sign on. Basis ppls are working on it. I dont know how it gonna work. I will let you guys know if I it works. Currently we can get sign in screen for portal.

@Micha (abt your comments)

"You should have the BC team activate Single-Sign-On between BI and CRM." -- where to activate, is it a tool?

"Of course this also implies that you need to have all users on both CRM and BI (with additional license cost as a result)." -- do we need to purchase any tool?

Could you please put some more lights on this activation ? I appreciate your help.

Thanks guys!

Harshal

Edited by: BMW325ci on May 20, 2010 12:33 PM

Edited by: BMW325ci on May 20, 2010 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Can you please send the link to that article???

Thanks a lot.

Susana Messias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susana,

Here is the article link.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/HowtoaddcustomBIReportsonReportsWorkcenterlinkinWEB+UI