cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of users to an existing role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a way to add a large number (1000+) of portal users to an existing portal role? Our portal is EP 7.0 EHP 1, SP05.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Go to User Management in Portal

- Go to "Import"

- Enter somethig like this in the Text Area,:

[ Role ]

rid=Role1

rdesc=Role description

user=MarcPeters;JackSmith;

user=Alan_Fox;

group=HappyBuyersOf2003;HappyBuyersOf2002

- click on "Upload"

For more details refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711core/helpdata/en/48/abece5c3333205e10000000a42189c/content.htm

Regards,

Vinoth.M

Edited by: Vinoth.Murugaiyan on Apr 20, 2010 6:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. when I attempt the xml script I recieve the following error:

warnings=Error: Attribute "description" on namespace "com.sap.security.core.usermanagement" of principal "ROLE.PCD_ROLE_PERSISTENCE.wedRnr62LI1UDLGDhcCKdQIIYzs=" is not modifiable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check whether the role is locked?

Also try adding a single user to the role using user administration. note- you need to have the square bracket for Role before role id

Regards,

Vinoth.M

Edited by: Vinoth.Murugaiyan on Apr 20, 2010 7:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinoth, I appreciate your continued help on this. The object is not locked and I am able to add individual users in User Management. Below is the script I am uploading which is failing:

[role]

rid=pcd:portal_content/SS/roles/com.sapmarkets.pct.srm.actions.PORTAL.Z_Supplier_Finished_Goods

rdesc=Z_Supplier_Finished_Goods

user=USER1;USER2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the users exists in Portal? because for adding role to users, users should present in the system already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the users do exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This option would work only for the UME Role not for Portal Role, hence the error. Do the following

--> Create a UME Group , add the users to the group and assign the role to the Group.

Procedure:-

Add the mass Users to the Portal Group like one below

[Group]

gid=HappyBuyers

gdesc=This is a group of all satisfied buyers

user=MarcPeters;JackSmith;Alan_Fox

Assign the UME Group to the Portal Role

Cheers,

Vinoth.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will try this over the next few days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is user store? if it is ldap , you can check with ldap guys for related scripting.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user store is LDAP, but I prefer not to use AD groups if possible. I am looking for a solution where I can assign existing portal roles to a large number of users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally that's done via groups (on an old release, there were even performance issues when directly assigning a role to too many users). That's especially useful if user groups have already been maintained (e.g., in Active Directory).