Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voting threads

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

we have the voting threads for the new trial/ demo/ community license editions of more SAP systems (more than a single trial) here for some time and I wonder... What is it all for? Does that mean we will be able to get for example the PI demo system for download and use? I hope so (at least that is the feeling I got from the brief descriptions I have found here and there).

That leads to a natural question... when we will get anything?

Is there any calendar when the new systems will be ready for download? I can understand that SAP people are working hard to prepare the distributions and all that stuff but the Community is waiting. Maybe the people here would appreciate any update - blog or any other type of information, maybe even only the answer in this thread - about what progress has been achieved regarding this topic.

Or no decision has been made based on the voting threads (or any other inputs)? I wonder if the decision has been made about which systems will be published for download under the new license and when. Even if it would in a year, I would like to know when. In my humble opinion I am not the only one.

Can anybody responsible clarify this for me?

Regards Otto

p.s.: maybe we can start publishing the most active voting thread system and run the whole voting process from the beginning.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

With regards to the PI 711 voting thread that i opened, i posted an update in the thread []

It looks like there is a good chance a PI trial/developer edition might be available when PI becomes a single stack option.

Cheers

Phillip

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That´s great, I have checked the PI voting thread as well and you have my full support. I wonder if there is a central point of access to this type of information. If there is anybody responsible about these "trial requests" to deliver this type of information to the community about all the products, not only the PI. I also wonder what is your role in this process, because I cannot see a SAP flag next to your name and thought this is not the stuff for "ordinary people".

Thank you for the update and wish you a nice day, thank you, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if there are any more updates regarding the trials? There are more trial threads going on, not only the PI forum.

Thank you, Otto

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wasn't subscribed to this thread so I missed this conversation previously.

If you are looking for an overall strategy around Trials it is a good suggestion but in my opinion hard to centralize and track unless every topic owner were to consolidate information in one explicit place (wiki?) and every topic and solution manager knew there was some expected documentation to be shared in that explicitly created place. In fact there would need to be a SLA (service level agreement) before offering trials or surveys.

We had this conversation in the forums around feature updates to this platform (SCN) as well and our team agreed we needed a clearer and more transparent communication vehicle.

What I think you are suggesting is that such centralization be created for all topics. The question might still remain who would be responsible for maintaining that? And moderating and ensuring that it is done properly as well?

Judging from our own communications around feature changes and surveys, not the simplest task nor request. Yet one that makes a great deal of sense.

Are you willing to consolidate the threads you see open concerning trials in a wiki space? And help us to prompt the owners to update the wiki?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it would be possible to move this discussion, including voting and "communication" to Idea place?

The question is if the people responsible for the products on your side is willing to a) communicate b) do it through Idea place?

What are your suggestions?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ! Donu2019t move to Idea Place, Do it in forum. Forum is more fun, more u201Cdown to earthu201C. Forum Users should be more cooperative, bit by bit we can transform forum into a more pleasant place to hang around (itu2019s already pleasant , just make it more so).

Regards. Jen

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Dec 1, 2010 12:15 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nobody interested, closing.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still waiting for any updates. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like nobody is responsible for the voting threads? Or the information is not public? Any piece of information appreciated.

Regards Otto