cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - CrystalReportViewer Component Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Visual Studio 2010 and the CR 2010 .net support on my Windows 7 64bit machine. Whenever I place the Crystal Reports Viewer component on an aspx page, the properties pane flickers. In design mode, I have seen the component continually highlight and appear to reload itself. When I minimize VS, it will automatically maximize by itself. Remove the component and everything clears up. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a workaround?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same behaviour.

Installed VS2010 Pro Trial yesterday. Installed CR VS2010 Beta with no problems.

Created a blank webform and add the CrystalReportSource control - no problem.

Add the CrystalReportViewer and the Properties window starts refreshing every second or so.

The CrystalReportViewer Tasks helper screen also refreshes every second or so.

After this occurs, it does not matter which control or element you select on the screen, the properties window will refresh every second or so.

This occurs in Design, Split and Source views. It occurs whether Properties window is docked, floating or maximised.

Deleting the CrystalReportViewer control makes the properties window revert to normal behaviour. Add that control back in and it starts continuously refreshing again.

If you can get the values put into the property elements in between refreshes, you can actually get the screen to run OK - it's just very very difficult to continue developing on that page 😛

I'm running at 1920x1200 on Nvidia Quadro FX 580 and Dell 2408 monitor.

On Windows XP SP3 as local admin.

Will try updating video drivers to see if that works although I'd be surprised seeing the issue only affects the Properties window and is related to the CrystalReportViewer.

Grateful for any ideas to resolve!

Cheers

Evahn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update to previous post.

Installed latest Nvidia Quadro drivers (197.59 whql) but same behaviour occurs in CrystalReportViewer control.

Further testing:

- Start a new project for Empty Web Forms solution

- Add blank ASP.NET webpage

- In Source view, add the CrystalReportViewer control in the HTML body

- The register assembly line is automatically added to the aspx page

"<%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=14.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>"

- The control is added to the html body

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" />

Note: at this stage the properties window was behaving itself

- Change to Design or Split view and the Properties window starts continuously refreshing and continues to do so even if switching back to Source view.

- Close the page and re-open it in Source view

- Properties window again works normally

- Switch to Design or Split view and it again starts continuously refreshing

Hope this helps!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apparently this is a known issue with the 2010 Beta that should have been documented in the [release notes|http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/CR_Beta_Release_Notes_en.pdf], but was not. The issue will be resolved in the RTM release.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't see this so need more info. What screen resolution are you currently using?

Have you installed the latest version of your video card drivers?

Are you running as a local PC Administrator?

Thank you

Don