cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a tricky problem - at least for me.

I created a new class with characteristics. Some of these characteristics have the check function C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK for phrases assigned. I created all phrase set assignments.

After running CGCZ some of these assignments of the check function C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK are gone in the characteristics.

I already found OSS note 950489, but this is not really helpful.

As I am in the productive system now, I can´t use the updating on table level.

Any idea, how I can assign this check function again?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Have you matched up characteristics for "Phrase set to characteristics assignment" in t-code "cgab" ?

If not, then check the characteristics after "cgab". Also, ensure that charater length is 30.

If above doesn't solve your problem, then follow below mentioned steps:

1. Revert "Function Module" value check strategy to "Allowed Values" for the characteristics in question.

2. Perform Characteristics match up in t-code "cgab" and save.

3. Match up master data in "cgcz"

If above is done as per the sequence, check function "C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK" should automatically get assigned to the characteristics for which "cgab" have been performed.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

thank you for your answer.

I am not sure whether I understand you completly.

The characteristics are matched with t-code "cgab". The length is 30.

I deleted the assignments in t-code "cgab", than assigned again, saved and ran t-code "cgcz" with the first three options ("Match up ValAss type and char.", "Activate phr assign." and "Activ. phrase-field assign.").

No change in the characteristic, C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK is still missing.

What do you mean by "Revert "Function Module" value check strategy to "Allowed Values" for the characteristics in question."

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chistoph,

On "Values" tab of the characteristic, click on "Other Value Check" pushbutton. On the pop-screen, revert from "Function module" radio button to "Allowed values". Do this for all the characteristics in question. Then perform "cgab" followed by "cgcz".

Now, go to the characteristics, and see if the check function has got assigned automatically.

In my case it worked.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

sorry for the late reply.

The problem is: the push button "Other Value Check" is graied out, so I cannot use it any longer.

That is why I can´t assign the check function.

Any idea on that?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Just try by deleting the phrase set assignment to characteristics in "cgab" and then running "cgcz". This may probably deactivate the check function for characteristics in the background, and pushbutton may become active.

Also, have you ensured that all characteristics have length 30 and value assignment as "single value" ?

You have written that check function is not coming for some of the characteristics. If this is the case then you must probe in the direction as to why it is coming for some and why not for others. Find what is common in characteristics for which check function is coming, and see what others are missing as compared to them.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph

Did you maintained Character size to 30, case sensitive and maintained Additional values check box ?

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayakumar,

yes, I assigned all needed attributes to the characteristic - and they still are assigned, with the exception of the phrase check function.

Best regards,

Christoph