cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Webi Reports with SAP BW Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no knowledge on creating webi reports with SAP BW Objects like (InfoCube, DSO, MultiProvider, Infoview, MasterData Infoobject).

As per my understanding Webi reports can be developed with universe which is created on BEx Queries or OLAP BAPI interface, unfortunately i don't have BEx App installed. So, i have to create OLAP universe in this case.

Here my question is can we create universe with all the available BW objects like InfoCube, DSO, MultiProvider, Infoview, MasterData Infoobject.

Please, Can anyone suggest a solution

Thanks,

Siva

Edited by: siva@chinni on Apr 25, 2010 4:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we can create WebI on the top of SAP Objects - InfoCube, DSO, Characteristics etc...

But we have to keep in mind that for WebI we must create Universe.

When we create universe we make direct connection with SAP Objects but we get less functionality - such Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, formulas etc. Now you have to achieve all these missing components at Universe Level and at WebI level.

If you are creating your universe on the top of DSO and InfoObject then make sure they set for reporting.

There are some online documentation which tells that what functionality you can achieve.

Check the following document to have a bird's eye view.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/100369a7-033e-2c10-94a4-f254f8578153?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

There is another document in PPT which I could not find online. It is very helpful document. It is:

II. SAP BusinessObjects BI Solutions XI 3.1 and SAP NetWeaver BW 7 Current risks, approach, and mitigating strategies for Client Partners, License Sales, and Consulting Delivery Managers

Partner Enablement Seminar

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

Thanks a lot for ur solution, u are saying some functionalities will be missing if we create universe with SAP Objects directly but these restricted key figures,calculated Key figures,formulas, hierarchies etc, can be created in BO either at universe level or in Webi.

Please can you suggest me what makes difference for SAP OLAP universe and Bex query universe.

Thanks,

Siva

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although it is true that restricted key figures, calculated Key figures, formulas etc can be created either at universe level or in webi, it is recommended to use BEx query universe for better performance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the performance holes in using the OLAP universe instead of Bex Query Universe??

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the OLAP Universe is based on a BW Query. Here you can find best practice material:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/008d15dc-f76c-2b10-968a-fafe5a12...

ingo

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bex Query Universe is based on a Cube and it is OLAP Universe.

Read the links I and Ingo sent you to get a clear picture and differences of creating Universe directly on IC, DSO and on BEx Query.

Universe created on the top of SAP Query improves performance because we use most of our calculation at query level not at IC or WebI level.

But it does not mean that we cannot do calculation and formulas at Universe or WebI level.

Bashir Awan

Answers (0)