cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'bobj' is undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When I try to generate a crystal report with the "CR4VS2010" from the web client, I am getting the following error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'bobj' is undefined.

I am using the OS -> Windows Vista.

-

2. Where as if i try to generate the report using the service job, i am getting the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source=mscorlib

FileName=file:///C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll

FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===

LOG: User = SAGITEC\karthikeyan.s

LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll

LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/Source/Eclipse/Bin/

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL

Calling assembly : (Unknown).

===

LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.

WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().

LOG: Using application configuration file: E:\Source\Eclipse\Bin\NeoSpinBatch.vshost.exe.Config

LOG: Using host configuration file:

LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.21006\config\machine.config.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/win32_x86/dotnet1/crdb_adoplus.dll.

Edited by: Don Williams on Apr 26, 2010 6:22 AM

Edited by: Jason Everly on Apr 26, 2010 9:30 AM

Changed subject line to correct format

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

StackTrace:

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.DataSetConverter.DataSetProcessingDelegate(IntPtr arg)

InnerException:

-

0 Kudos

3. For fixing the error#2, i copied the DLL to the respective directory mentioned in the above error. But it gives me new error :

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled

Message=Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

Source=mscorlib

StackTrace:

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.DataSetConverter.DataSetProcessingDelegate(IntPtr arg)

InnerException:

-

Please help me in resolving the above issues ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Karthikeyan Sridharan

0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Search in this forum on bobj and you will find multiple postings on how to possibly resolve the issue.

Also, I broke up your post so forums retains the formatting, 1500 character and then formatting is lost. Clicking on the Preview tab above will show you what others see.

Thank you

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I was wondering have you solved this problem, because this also happened to me.

Matija

0 Kudos

Here's one possible solution that was available for CR 2008, see if this fixes your issue:

""Bobj' is undefined "

Cause

This error message appears due to missing of "aspnet_client" folder in the custom website.

Resolution

To resolve this issue you will need to copy the folder "aspnet_client" from the location "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\" of the Default website to the directory of the custom web site in IIS. Then redeploy the application.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I'm a CR newbie and I'm having this same issue:

I'm using the latest beta runtimes that can be found here:

I uninstalled and re-installed the newerf file "SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010" locally

And I installed "SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit)" on a Windows 2008 server that I'm using for deployment.

Doing this allowed me to no longer get any errors when deploying, but now I get "bobj is undefined" when I load my reportViewer page. I've tried copying the folder "C:Program Files (x86)SAP BusinessObjectsCrystal Reports 14.0crystalreportviewers" to the server folder "/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319" but still get the error.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

This post was marked as answered. Post again using the same subject line.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried all possible solutions which appeared on the net for the Microsoft runtime JS errors encountered during execution of Crystal Reports. But None of them worked. Finally I hit upon the idea of trying a full postback on Submit Button for viewing the report. It just did wonders. All reports there on worked beautifully with data getting refreshed with new data on each submit as per report parameter values submitted.

If you are using AJAX, attach trigger to the Submit Button.

Edited by: panemsuresh on Dec 1, 2011 7:39 PM