cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baseline configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frnds

i have faced one interview. the interviewed asked me that "tell me somrthing about baseline configuration". how do i express about baseline configuration. what is the actual meaning?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baseline configuration includes set up of organizational data (Company Codes, Trading Partners, Sales Orgs., Purchase Orgs., Plants), chart of accounts, and other basic configuration that you see under each module in IMG path. It is basically all configuration that you need to do and it specifically excludes programming changes.

former_member213733
Active Contributor

HI ,

Baseline configurations include the minimum configurations that are required to run a scenario in genreral .

As SAP has provided a standard package for each and every business scenario , to run them you need to configure the minimum required settings in the IMG to run the same . these are known as baseline configurations .

Rest all which is not available in standard comes under development and enhancements .

baseline configs generally include settings for the finance like creating and maintaining the co code settings , controlling area settings , funds management area settings . etc .

hope now you are clear on what are the baseline settings in SAP .

Cheers ,

Dewang