cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message_Type_X error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to open or create a package on 2LIS_03_UM I get a short dump message. Has anyone faced this problem and if so how did they resolve? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this note will solve your problem 852433

R,

Adwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the note mentioned refers to:

Patient Organizer: Print Document - Print Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry its 852443

Symptom

If a MESSAGE_TYPE_X runtime error occurs in the LRSSMU36 include program in the SAPLRSSM ABAP program of the RSSM_OLTPSOURCE_SELECTIONS function module, proceed as described in the solution below.

This dump occurs if you try to open an InfoPackage for a DataSource/source system combination for which an initialization terminated incorrectly and a new INIT with overlapping selections was executed without the delta-administration being cleaned up.

The dump can also occur if you import a system copy/backup into only one of the 2 BW/OLTP systems without first deleting all delta queues for this BW/OLTP combination because the delta administration is always inconsistent. In such cases, contact the SAP consulting department.

Other terms

Dump, include LRSSMU36, RSSM_OLTPSOURCE_SELECTIONS, MESSAGE_TYPE_X, INIT , delta queue, system copy, backup, initialization, InfoPackage

Reason and Prerequisites

This is caused by a program error.

Solution

You can implement this correction only for load times from an OLTP system and NOT for data mart updates because the delta administration does not occur via Transaction RSA7.

1. The entries for the initialization in the BW system are contained in the RSSDLINIT table for the DataSource/source system combination. Compare these with the entries in the ROOSPRMSC table in the OLTP system.

2. If there are NO entries in the RSSDLINIT table in BW, delete the delta queue for this DataSource/BW application combination in the source system (OLTP) using transaction RSA7.

3. If the RSSDLINIT table in BW already contains entries, check the requests listed there in the RNR column in the monitor (transaction RSRQ). All of these requests must be old init requests that appear in red and that you want to replace with new inits. If this is the case, delete the delta queue for this DataSource/BW application combination again in the source system (OLTP) using transaction RSA7.

You can then open the InfoPackage again.

Check there that there are no more entries in the

'Scheduler'/'Initialization options for source system' menu.

If you do find some entries, delete them.

You can then start a new initialization.

If, despite the first incorrect init, you want to be able to create a second init with overlapping selections, which means that this dump will then occur, enter a detailed description of your procedure in a customer message and send it to Development. SAP has never been able to reproduce this behavior, therefore, you will need to carry out a great amount of testing and have the option to debug in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much I think I have found the relevant note which was 405943. However, have awarded points for pointing me in the right direction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

Please ignore it. I got the solution..

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Can u please tell me how u got resolved this problem?

Thaanks,

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

"Message_type_x" error is pretty generic, you should look for more details in short dump text, like what program caused this dump, in what method it happened and long text error message as well.

Search OSS then.

Cheers,

/RB