cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNICODE system access for further development of connectors

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there has been a bit of activity on the forums around issues with UNICODE and the various Scripting Language connectors, I'd like sort this out for Perl, Python and Ruby.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a UNICODE based system, so I have never been able to persue this.

Is there anyone (in particular someone at SAP - really) who could arrange access for me so that this work can be done - This is something that is in the interests of the community, so it's a chance for someone to make a contribution (hint hint and turning of screws etc. :-).

All that is required is basic development access ie. ABAP developer work bench, and the ability to run, monitor, and debug RFC calls.

Piers Harding.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone - I have spent a busy month reengineering saprfc for Ruby, including rewrtting a large portion of the C code, introduce comprehensive UNICODE support. This support inclues the use of librfcu, and libsapu16 supplied by SAP for UNICODE support in RFC. As I do not have access to a UNICODE enabled system, I have had to make do in a large part, by emulating conditions to get this code to a point where it can be community tested (thanks also goes to Gregor for loaning his environment also).

For the brave - please download from http://www.piersharding.com/download/ruby/saprfc-0.20.tar.gz and follwo the instructions in the README file, paying particular attention to the requirements for the UNICODE version of the RFCSDK, and retireving the u16lit.pl script from OSS.

And help with the testing.

Cheers,

Piers Harding.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great news Piers!!! Only that sorry -:( I've kinda busy these days too...

Greetings,

Blag.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piers,

I hope we can go on with our debugging next week. I also try to install a Unicode system on my Debian Box.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we can call this one solved now due to this thread:

Thanks for the help with testing etc.