cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset recalculating depreciation AFAR, BL001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have performed year end activities for Fixed Asset module. But When I run the reconciliation report (ABST2) and found out there some inconsistencies. The error message is MQ555. So I followed SAP note 104567.

When I tried to repeat change fiscal year I got some error ie But I am getting u201Cerror in fiscal year change, Message AA707u201D

I have executed AUVA to see asset incompleteness. Everything looks good.

Now I am trying to run Afar and not able to do it I am getting error BL001. since asset year end closing was done, and I had undo yearend closing for asset accounting. then execute AFAR to recalculate dep. but I am getting error message BL001. How to resolve this? I need to do ASAP before month end closing.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

check your expected useful life the particular asset for which you have getting error mesaage. if the life of the asset is over then you may need to remove from the sys.

i hope it helps. please let me know still you have problem.

Regards,

Prakash

madhusoodanan_ramachandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

1) Check any periodic posting pending for particular asset, if periodic posting is active (ASKB)

2) Check in AW01N whether depreciation in all depreciations (if configured for posting other than 01) have been posted to GL (Ensure that no error in production depreciation run log).

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

Can you tell what is in the error message instead of the error message number.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard and Paul,

Thanks for your response. We have resolved the issue now. There were some problems with special depreciation setup.

Paul,

Here are the answers to your questions.

For error message AA707 here are the details

Asset XXXXXXXXX in CoCd XXX: Error in fiscal year change

Message no. AA707

Diagnosis:

The fiscal year change in one asset has produced an error.

System Response: No fiscal year change will be performed for this asset, processing will be continued with the following asset.

Procedure:

Determine the error message using the function 'fiscal year change' when displaying the asset values.

For error message BL001 there were no details at all, that is reason I was not sure what to do.

Then we executed the program in debug mode and got a clue.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AA707 and BL101 are generic messages. The just say that there is something wrong with the asset. Please open a message.

regards Bernhard