cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP- pulling of forward future orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have entered forecast and done MRP. It appears that the system pulled forward future orders up and consumed part of the forecast.

Normally, orders stay put in the week they were originally accepted.

When checking instead of seeing a schedule line increase, forecast pieces added in we saw a schedule line increase for few qty. There were remaining qty pulled up from future period. What causes this?

MRP Setting is consummation mode 2

Backward -90 fw-10.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

As you have mentioned , Consumption mode indicator -2 which is Backward/Forward Indicator.It means system will consider a certain period (example 90 days in ur case ) Backward to consider the demands (Open , current -Sales Order . PIR) and then goes back to future as forward of certain period ( example 10 days in ur case ) from the requirement date or the day you are executing MRP .So try to calcualte from your requirement date to backward 90 daye frist n then from requirement date to 10 days future to analysie your open sales orders and Forecasted Qty

.Now if the Forcasted qty is more than those open sales order , then it will be considered in Net Requirement Calcualtion by MRP .

Hope this will give u an idea .

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to explain all details,

I have entered 50 demands from APO to r/3, this demand is seen as a 18 unit in MD04 screen. For the same line I can see 50 demands (VSF) on display mode or in tractions MD63.

SAME IS GENERATING ORDER WITH PREVIOUS DEMAND.

I am not able to get it why, this had happened?

Other details are MRP -APO - (M1) MPS fixing type -1-

Lot size u2013 Weekly lot size, stry -Planning with final assembly, pl. help

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rushikesh,

Consumption of the demand forecast in SAP ECC or R/3 can be shown under Tcode : MD73.

It will show you the (planned indpt requirement) PIR original qty = 50 & will show you which sale orders are consuming this PIR qty alongwith customer (sale) order numbers that consume PIR. It will show you planned qty & assigned qty.

For your example it should show planned qty =50, Assigned qty = 32 (with sale order numbers against it). Balance qty =18 is the unconsumed PIR qty which will appear on MD04 screen.

when more sale orders are created it will consume this balance pending PIR qty.

Hope this explains to you the scenario you are seeing. If more questions please come back.

thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram ,

But my issues is this VSF is pulling sales orders of the future (+60 days). One question does the MRP Considers time period like from-to.

or what time period MRP consider in MRP run.

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is done by Backward consumption of 90 days. So a sale order created 60 days in future is going to look at any unconsumed PIR upto 90 days backward.

If you do not want that to happen then reduce the backward consumption days or make it 0 if you do not want future sale orders to consume previous month's PIR.

Hope this clarifies.

thanks,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rushikesh,

Your statements are rather vague.

When you say 'orders', I would normally first assume you are talking about 'sales orders'.

MRP does not reschedule sales orders.

Now, maybe instead you are talking about planned orders, or perhaps a purchasing scheduling agreement. Yes, MRP proposals (planned orders/purchase reqs/PSA schedules) may change during an MRP run, based on a changing demand or supply situation. This is normal behavior.

Can you be more specific, with specific details of exactly what the perceived problem is?

Rgds,

DB49