cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Application Server file Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is any FM that uploads a file to a DMS Object from the application server?

Kind Regards,

Vasco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasco,

the BAPI DOCUMENTCREATE2 is loading metadata to the DIr and is uploading original file to the vault of KPRO. You need to make a ABAP program to use the bapi. Also you can use a additional software DVSLoader from Seal Systems (www.sealsystems.com). These guys have made a fine peace of software and are SAP certified.

Great software easy to use

Greetings and good luck

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

Thank you for your support.

My question is a little different, what we where asking is if the files need to be on the ERP server or in the client side?

Thank you again for your support,

Vasco

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to store the files on the content server (Vault) not on the EPR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasco,

It depends on how you are specifying the path of file and how the program is called (foreground Vs background).

For example, if you are using a local path like c:\abc.txt and the program is running in foreground / online, the file should be on the machine from where program was executed. If the program was scheduled in background, it should be on the application server where program is running. Please note that you may have more than one application servers. So you may want to specify application server explicitly while scheduling background job.

You may also upload files from a fileserver
fileserver\directory\abc.txt

In this case, the files will be on a network file server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranav ,

Thanks for the details. My files are in the net work file server and it didn't work in background. Any feed back will be highly appreciable.

Ramesh .P

Fujitsu consulting company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh.

We use FM CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN for file upload in background.

Try to look to note 504692. This note has all file upload scenarios for DMS and has a code examples for each scenario.

Hope this helps.

Vasco Pires

lars_verbchels
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi all,

if your files are located on a network file server and you want to upload in background you have to do the following things:

1. create a link on the sap application server to access the network file server. the application server needs to have access to the network share.

2. use SAPHTTPA or SAPFTPA to access the network file server via the sap aapplication server.

example:

your files are located on //.

check in files using the link as DOCPATH

"/link/file1.pdf".

use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 if you want to create a document info record and check in a file.

use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2 if your document info record already exists and you want to add a file to it.

i hope this helps.

greets,

lars

Message was edited by: Lars Verbüchels

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lars_verbchels
Explorer

hi all,

use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2 to create a new file in an existing document.

if you want to check in from the application server use values "SAPHTTPA" / "SAPFTPA" in the PF_HTTP_DEST / PF_FTP_DEST parameters.

greets,

lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing this same kind of issue when I use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2. When I run the program in in foreground it is attaching the original file from network file server location and if I run in back ground it is not attaching, basically it is doing nothing.

Do any one have a work around for this. I required to complete this as early as possible . Any feed back will be greatly appreciable .

- Ramesh .P

Fujitsu consulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried in this BAPI too using values "SAPHTTPA" / "SAPFTPA . But still it didn't work out.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your support.

If we want to checkin documents from the application side, we have to do it in 2 steps, create the DMS document (BAPI CREATE2) and then checkin the file (BAPI CHECKIN) as Lars said.

Best Regards,

Vasco