Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a quick and easy question.

Here's the scenario: I have 4 MICs under ONE operation in an Inspection plan. I want to enter individual results into MIC 1, MIC 2 and MIC 3...then for MIC 4, I want the result of MIC 4 to be the AVERAGE of the first 3 MICs.

Hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

-Bruce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

FF,

Thanks so much for your help.

I did what you said and Now I get a new error "Variable C00010 in items 7 and 8 can not be identified

Message no. RN011" At least I'm getting somewhere now..>LOL

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Here's what I would try next.

Build your formula one variable at a time and see if you can get anything to work.

For the first try just enter C00010. The characteristic should be the same as characteristic 10.

Then edit the plan and make the formula C00010+C00020

If that works, try C00010C00020C00030.

etc. etc..

If just C00010 doesn't work, try just C00020. If that doesn't work try just C00030.

Also, make sure that all variables come before the actual calculated characteristic. I think you already know that though.

This should help to center in on the problem.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have spaces in between signs and check

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, for the characteristics you are using in the calculation.... are you recording more then one value in any of them i.e. single results recording?

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So Bruce,

Did you finally get this working? Was the issue multiple values in one of the characteristics? I'm always curious as the actual solution.

FF

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey FireFighter,

Thanks for asking. Yes, I did get this working. It was actually in the config. C0 was set up to "require" a Function Module. After I turned that off and just put "C0" in the value...It worked great.

So all of your answers were spot on.

Thanks so much.

-Bruce

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it turned out to be something simple. I don't think I would have ever come up with the suggestion to check config to see if someone mucked around with that peice of config!

FF

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce

All the advise the previous people have given is 100% accurate - hopefully it has helped you solve the problem.

Try also changing the sampling procedure valuation for all characteristics to "700 Mean Value within Tolerance Range".

I have the exact same calculation as you in one of our inspection lots and it is working perfectly with valuation 700 and the formula (C00010C000020C00030)/3.

Good luck

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents,

I have tried everything. I have no idea why it keeps giving me an error. Now it's giving me some kind of Syntax error..>Complaining about lines 60 and 61 in the table? When I double click on the error...i just get Syntax error between columns 60 and 61

Message no. RN002

In the first field I put "C0" In the second field I put the formula "(C00010C00020C00030)/3"

Is there something in Config i'm missing? Is there a function module that is supposed to be set in Config?

Thanks so much

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. don't do that.

Put the formula, (what you have on the second line), and place it in the first line.

The two formula fields are really just text strings. You don't have to have anything in the second field. If you do, the system attempts to joing them together. So to the system your formula is "C0(C00010C00020C00030)/3"

Which if it attempts this at all is the mean value of characteristic(C00010C00020C00030)/30. Whatever that might come out to?

Just put (C00010C00020C00030)/3 on the first formula line. Leave the second line blank.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the 4th MIC as a calculated charac by setting the calculated charac control indicator.

When you add the MIC to an inspection plan, it will prompt you for the formula. You must make sure MIC 4 always comes after Mic 1,2,3.

If MIC 1,2,& 3 are listed as charac 0010, 0020, and 0030 respectively in your plan, the formula in Mic 4 would be

(C00010C00020C00030)/3

When recording results, you cannot valuate MIC 4 until MIC's 1,2,& 3 are valuated and locked.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

FireFighter,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That answer was just what I was looking for.

Another question is how come I am not getting an error "Variable C0 in items 60 and 66 can not be identified" when I try to enter in my formula. I set the MIC 4 to Calc. Char and trying to add it to my inspection plan underneth MIC 1,2 and 3.

Thanks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using "O" & not "0"(zero).

Replace "O" with zero

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try formula (C010C020C030)/3

Do not use O any where all are 0 ( zeros )

For MIC4 in ctrl indicator cal formula check box should be on )

Regards

SANIL

former_member554321
Participant
0 Kudos

generally formula used is (C010C020C030)/3 where C0 is fuction for mean, 10 is for first characteristics, 20 is for second characteristics and 30 for third characterictics divided by number of characteristics.

as per your reply i think your characteristics are 60 ,66 etc.

so instead of 10,20,30 u should use characteristics item number which are to be used for taking average.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are 60 and 66 two of the characteristics? As some other posters indicated, make you use C0 as in C and zero.

It would be odd to get an error on only two of the characteristics if they are all set up the same way. So it seems like it might be an error.

Hard to say.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gang,

Well, I tried to calculate Characteristics 0010, 0020, 0030 and 0040 with Formula C0(C00010C00020C00030+C00040)/4 and the Formula parameter C0: Arith. Mean of Measured Values for Char. The only way SAP will not give me an error is if I uncheck the "Calculate Formula" check box. But, if I do that...when I go to results recording I just puts "0.00" in the results field. If I DO check the "Calculate Formula" box it gives me the "Variable C0 in items 60 and 62 can not be identified"

I do no have any Characteristics in named or numbered in the 60's. I am just not sure what this error is referring to. If I knew I could fix it.

Any help would be huge.

Thanks again!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure where the 60 and 62 is coming from either. Doesn't seem to ring a bell and I'm not sure what "item" it refers to. Are you recording individual values for serial numbers or something like that? When the term item is used it usually refers to a qty of material such as an item in a delivery.

You did only mark characteristic 0040 as a caclculated characteristic right? Characteristics 0010, 0020, and 0030 should just all be regular, run of the mill quantitative characteristics.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using Cal char error msg .

Variable C00010C00020C00030 in items 19 and 20 can not be identified

Message no. RN011

pls explain char 40 setting in detail as cal char.