cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing dimension in selective deletion options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I urgently need to selectively delete records out from some InfoCubes. Now I realize that for one INfoCube I can't see the characteristics of my time dimension at all.

This is totally weird. There, of course, exists a time dimension with 0FISCYEAR, 0FISPER, etc.

However, these characteristics are not shown respectively available for selective deletion. Again, the whole dimesnion is misisng on the screen.

This does just happen for one Cube, in all other cubes I can see these time characteristics in the selective deletion option screen.

Any ideas ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 1 cube which have non cumulative key figure ,

I need to do selection deletion on plant ,

I have done the selective deletion but after doing selective deletion when I am loading with same plant, it is adding value with the old value of that Key figure.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ipsita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know whether the cube which you are trying to delete has a non-cumulative key figures. If yes, then you may have to delete the same based on the other dimension apart from Time dimension. By design, SAP doesn't allow you to do a selective deletion on a non-cumulative cubes based on a time dimension.

Regards,

Venkatesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heiko, if Venkat suggestion is not the case have you carried out a RSRV check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no non-kumulative KeyFigure on this Cube and I have carried out RSRV w/o any errors.

Meanwhile I was able to identify the records to be deleted via selective deletion without haveing the need to select data from time dimension.

Thanks for all suggestions

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh.

Greetings of the day!.

I have a cube (inventory cube), for which we have selective deletion by Process Chain and is purely based on Time characteristics 0FISCPER.

If your point is so, then why do SAP not allow selective deletion for non-cumulative infocubes based on Time chars. Infact, i have seen some selective deletions based on Posting date/Period which is also a Time charateristic.

please suggest on this.

Thank you for your discussion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but this is not true.

For all my other Cubes I have the time dimension in the selective deletion options. And the characterisitcs are 0FISCPER, 0FISCYEAR, 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCVARNT.

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This sounds wierd... you should be able to the time dim in the selective deletion screen at the bottom (of cource)..

did you check the defination of the cube.. is it good?.. can you also check in the se11 for your cube (/BI/DYOURCUBE NAME*T) and see if you any fields and check the Nbr of entries

Thanks

Kalyan

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not get time dimensions in selective deletion.

If there is any Z object for time characterstic then it will be available for selection.