Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exorbitant prices for BPC Course by SAP India

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enquired SAP India for BPC330 and BPC340 course prices a few months back.

It was total ten days course 180000 INR (90000 INR for 5 days) + service tax applicable.

It is the same charged for any similar new technology products in India. That is fine and accepted.

At that time there was no certification on BPC. That is fine.

I could not attend the training due to some other professional commitments.

I was constantly checking the SAP India education site for the next batch. It was surprised that they mentioned the price as "to be advised"

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/schedule/schedule_IN.htm

When I enquired for the next batch schedule, they informed me that there is next batch going to start from 10.05.2010 for 10 working days. Plus at the end of the certification there is a certification. They have given the following details of the fee:

BPC330 - 5 Days - INR 175000

BPC340 - 5 Days - INR 175000

Course fee total - INR 350000

Certification Fee - INR 35000

Total Course Fee - INR 385000

Service Tax - INR 39655

Total Amount - INR 424655

I am currently working in UK - if I convert this to GBP - the current amount in GBP is 6434/- (On top of this I need to travel altogether from UK and stay in India for 15 days, this will incur lodging expenses)

Currently, if I take up the same course with SAP, UK (including certification) - including VAT, it is GBP 5699/-

Moreover, the certification prices offered in UK is based on Associate Level and Professional Level examinations, but in India, they simply fixed their own rates for certification in new dimension products. I strongly they fail to understand the difference between the certification of Associate and Professional.

http://www.sap.com/uk/services/education/courses/certification/index.epx

The prices they quoted are almost doubled. When I contacted them, the prices are subject to change according to SAP Policy. I do appreciate the SAP Policy, I wonder what is the basis that you have taken to increase the prices exorbitantly. They cannot simply go and fix a price that they would like to. I believe they must consider their cost, inflation and conditions in the local country etc. They cannot simply create a pricing policy based on AIR, when you associate organization in developed countries are offering for much lesser amount.

I am planning to do this course from sponsorship from my company (one of the top most consulting company in Europe), but they straightly rejected the idea of getting trained in India. Rather they happily approved to attend the same training with SAP, UK. I really wonder if any comapny in India sponsor any candidate with this kind of exorbitant rates. I do not think anybody in India would really attend at these rates independently on their own from their pockets. Unauthorized training centers in India are being constantly encouraged by the candidates for these known reasons.

For me, SAP trainings are not new. I have attended number of SAP trainings, so I know what level they teach. Some of the trainings were most horrible and pathetic. The quality of training was utterly poor. Most of the time the servers were down particularly in case of new dimension products. Your shoutings were literally in vain. You cannot afford to compromise on quality when you are paying daily a whooping amount of nearly 45000/-, even if it is sponsored by your Company. For me every minute matters.

I know, now a days education is also part of business, but when it becomes a REAL and REAL business, it would be hopeless and senseless.

Let me know if any of the consultants are appearing for BPC course in India at these rates, best of luck for them.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Shankar,

I have a query with reference to SAP BPC.

I have worked on the SAP BPC at the user end while working in the FP&A department of my previous company. I am MBA finance CS(Intermediate) with more than 4 years of experience.

I wish to pursue SAP BPC. Well a 20-25 classroom course is priced approx. around Rs.3.5lacs in India whereas an online version is half the price.

Since you are an experienced professional in this domain,can you suggest if an online or a classroom training is preferable in this case?

How do you see the career prospects at this time with such an ERP course?

Will venturing into the field of SAP will deviate me from the core finance domain.

Well I wish to take a thoughtful decision with a long term point of view.

Look forward to hear from you soon!

Thanks for your time,

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your communication on SCN. I left you a message.

Coming to your question, it depends on your interest. If you are interested to leverage your finance knowledge with the help of technology, then you must make a move from core finance related areas. The scope of in technology is very high and you will have wide scope to extend your skills and the whole world would be your market. It depends how effectively use your technology with your finance knowledge.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir,

I completed B.Com in 2012. After Completion, my B.Com teacher forcefully admitted me and also my friends in Costing (I.C.W.A), and he had guided us. But due to wrong guidence and lots of pressure my friends and we cant completed any of them after 2 years. Another reason is we are Bengali medium students and theoretical part of ICWAI is English.

So due to frustration, We couldn't decide which course is better for us. Mom dad say MBA have huge placement. But due to get less than 50% marks in graduation, we couldn't get chance in A grade MBA colleges. So our choice is 1 & only MAT. But my another lots of friend, whose completed MBA applying MAT, they couldn't get jobs as their qualification. That's why at this moment we are very much confused which course is better for our future.

Meanwhile my neighbour uncle tell me about SAP, but failure to tell of its information or description. we don't know what is this but I heard its have huge demand in market. Besides its have a lots of module. I couldn't get help anyone who assist me or our friend about this, and which module will help me in future. I have Commerce background and learn Tally from ICWAI (Institute of Cost & Works Accountant of India). I have no guidance and my father is an Ex- Serviceman.

Please assist me, I & my friends will thankful to u.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arka,

If you are looking CA / ICWA / CS any type of courses, you should get ready to work hard for not less 16 hours a day. When I was doing my CWA, I used to study for 16 - 20 hours. Do not much worry about your language of medium until your graduation. If you can work hard like this, then I am sure you are able to clear it, if not today, may be tomorrow. Please note failures are common in these type of exams. So, you should not disheartened.

Regarding SAP, you should have some domain experience. Without having domain knowledge, just with graduation, you would feel it dry and think as a grey area. Therefore, I would suggest you to get some experience for couple of years domain working knowledge, then you can think of going to SAP.

Hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you need any further guidance.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir,

I have poor knowledge about market. I don't understand what kind of domain knowledge you say. So I kindly request you if u simplify me about domain experience and what kind of course is better for me, I will really thankful to you..

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Domain experience is nothing but experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Fixed Assets or Management accounting etc. You should have the business process knowledge.

If you are really committed to work hard then please go to ICWA / CA

If you want a quick degree then go to MBA

Probably SAP is not advised at the moment.