cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape for Recipe Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We want to implement Recipe Management within our Organization. We have one production client 200. I want to ask the following questions. Please tell the best way things are generally done.

1. Do we start creating Specifications (CG02) and Recipes (RMWB) directly in same production 200 client or should we have a different client instance (X00) for product development.

2. If the answer to question 1 is to have a different client for Specs and Recipes, where do the Materials (MM01) get created first, in production client 200 or in client X00. If Materials are created in Production client do we ALE them to client X00 to create object links with specifications, or do we move specifications/recipes from client X00 to production client and than create object links.

3. If the answer to question 1 is to have a different client for Specs and Recipes than do we directly do transformation process in client X00 and some how create PP-PI BOM, Master Recipe in production client 200, or do we move the Specs, Recipes, ... to client 200 first and than do the transformation.

Kindly please help and advice.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

as explained by you you need EH&S and Recipe Management configured to use Recipe Management. EH&S is integrated very well into the SAP logstics. There is in addition a BOMBOS interface available whcih might be of interest too.. Therefore my suggestion would be to use one client doing the whole job. The overhead of managing two clients will be higher and I can not see any "profit" in doing so.

Coming back to you 2. question: if you are using a higher EH&S version (I believe starting from either ERp2044 or e.g. ERP 2005 and above) you can create the link specification material in MM and not only in EH&S. In both cases you need to do really the "same". If you use MM to create linke you must perform an inquiry to find the correct specification to which you will create the link (I believe the search criterias are better) and if you use EH&S to create the link you search for the material (the search options ar not so good).

In any case: the object must be presnet inthe client to do the link etc.

So I would use one client to do the job

With best regards

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

This is a very useful advice from you to me to use only one client for EH&S Specification Database, Recipe Management and PP-PI (master recipe, production version, resources etc)....

Thanks,

Sachin