Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI (DESADV): Can batches be overwritten by an inbound WHSCON (pick conf)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have another EDI related question where I would like to ask you for your help (SAP release 4.6c).

My internal client (Lindt Sweden) creates deliveries based on (customer) sales orders. The deliveries (= shipping orders) are sent via EDI to the external warehouse partner.

The warehouse partner sends back an EDI DESADV message as picking confirmation containing the picked quantities and batches. The EDI DESADV is converted into an inbound WHSCON which updates the delivery.

Im most cases the shipping orders do NOT contain batches but they are determined by the warehouse partner.

In some cases Lindt SE would like to send a suggested batch which the warehouse partner should pick preferentially. However, if this batch is not available then they will pick another batch.

When I try to update a delivery containing suggested batches with an inbound WHSCON having a different batch I get an error message like

Confirmed batch L3648 is different from batch 2900 for main item

QUESTION: Is it possible to overrule the suggested batch in the delivery with the actual batch in the WHSCON? If so what are the prerequisites (Customizing?) and which qualifiers are needed within the IDoc?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Uwe

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

Unfortunately we have not received any replies yet.

Even the confirmation that this approach cannot work (for reasons hopefully explained) is welcomed.

Regards

Uwe

joseph_manjiyil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

We have implemented a similar kind of idoc in our project. The Inbound delivery has to be updated with the batch, which is send from an external plant. So we have made modification to the IDOC_INPUT_DELIVERY to create batch when processing the idoc.

Message type used is WHSCON.

But for this to work fine, we have created an enhancement which prevents the SAP batch number being generated when the inbound delivery is created for that particular Business unit.

Inbound delivery won't be updated with a new batch if it is created once in it.

Include MV50AFZ1 has the code for creating batch.If that is prevented during creation of IBD, then batch coming through an idoc will be updated in the IBD.

Regards,

Joseph M

joseph_manjiyil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I confirmed the batch overruling in the inbound delivery.I am working on SAP release 7.1

To over rule the batch existing in the inbound delivery, you need to pass the batch (CHARG) to XLIPS[] in the User exit MV50AFZ1. There is a form USEREXIT READ_DOCUMENT. If you pass the batch which is coming through the idoc, it updates the stock in MMBE and updates the inbound delivery with the new batch number passed in the idoc.

Currently we are doing the same thing for the message type WHSCON. I am using FM IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY, DELVRY07

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Joseph M