cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservations MB21/MB22/MB23 Change history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

May i seek your advise on a best feasible solution for tracking changes and maintaining the change history for Reservations for transactions MB21/MB22 and MB23.

Appreciate your earlier assistance.

Regards,

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally we had withdraws the solution to activate the table RESB and designed a custom solution to avoid conflicts to the existing reservations which are in millions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to AUT10 , enter date range i.e from date and to date and enter the tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chakrapani,

I already tried this option before raising my question, but unfortunately i do not see any result from AUT10.

Regards,

KP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even this transaction needs some basic customizing. if that is not done, you cant get any result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Do you think there is any standard solution existing for this ? or we need to go for custom solution only ?

BR,

KP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can activate the chang log at table level in SE11.

SE11,

enter table RESB

click change

goto the technical settings tab.

at lower part you will see the field for change log.

for activation you need a key from SAP.

(I would not do that, as too much logs slow down performance. and RESB is a pretty central table that gets often changed from production and process orders, as well as maintenance orders, so the log file can become huge.)

AUT10 is a nice transaction, but it costs as well performance and space.

Customizing for AUT10 is done in AUT01 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

We are already running issues with performance, and you are right, it is not a good idea to set the check for the table to capture the logs.

But, even though if we do that, how can we associate it with the transactions ? for MB22 or MB23 to see the change history ?

Thanks again

BR,

KP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will never see the changes in MB2x transactions, as it is a different way of logging changes.

changes that you can access from within a transaction like ME53N are stored in table CDHDR and CDPOS, for this you need to have coding in the maintenance program to write and display changes. This is not present for the reservations.

Hence you can only log changes at table level. this can then be reviewed with extra reports like RSSCD110

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, does it mean that even with custom solution by using User Exits (Menu Exit) we cannot track the changes to display with the transactions MB2X ?

My thaught was to create a custom table where we will track all the changes from the table level RESB and associate them with the MB2x transaction, will this approach not work ?

Kindly advise.

BR,

KP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good programmers can certainly find a way to even post the changes to CDHDR and CDPOS instead into an own table.

Further you would need to modify the the menues in the MB2x reports, to get the "display change documents".

and of course you need again programm code that is processed when the user choose this entry from the menu.

I dont think that you can get this all in a user exit. This program part would probably be a modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I think you can implement user exit MBCF0007 in CMOD and update CDHDR and CDPOS tables .

rostami - mapna solution service center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check these answered links:

Edited by: Afshad Irani on May 5, 2010 5:02 PM