Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express docuement "update was terminated when PO release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

When I am releasing the purchase order I am getting the following error

Express docuement "update was terminated.Could ypo please help me how to resolve this error.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Katta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go SM13 execute . select the posting failure and click the header icon

it will usually give the error message that caused the posting failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,Thanks for your reply.

I have checked as per suggetion there output type have not maintained.I have tried the same in Quality there also output tupe have not maintained but at the time release It selecting the output type automatically and purchase order got released with out any above error.Could you please guide me on this and I don,t have the authorization in Production for SM13

Regards

Katta

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but at the time release It selecting the output type automatically and purchase order got released with out any above error.

confusing, can you explain this in more detail.

When you create a PO which is subject to a release strategy, then the message is immediatly created, but will not be outputted until the release is made.

As the release is done from a differnt transaction, it cannot show the error to the user, thats why it ends in an update failure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your reply and fpr me also it is confusing.When I am creating the PO which is subjected to Release strategy output type is not triggering it is coming as a blank in messages tab and after release the PO purchase order got released and output type appear automatically.This is happening in my case could you please help on this.

Best regards

Katta

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should focus on message determination, so that you get the message already into the PO before it comes to a release.

How did you setup your message determination?

How is your access and condition record maintained that should usually bring in the message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

I deleted all the condition records before release for the purchase order subjected to release and tried to release the PO and no output type has been triggered and PO got released without any error So i think the problem is not with ouput type.Is there any other reason for the above error could you please guide me.

Thanks and Regards

Katta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have an output type to get the PO printed and usually this error occurs when message records are not properly maintained. You need to maintain an output record in MN04, check whether its maintained correctly in MN05, then when you create and save PO, look under messages button whether its picking the correct message record you created in MN04. If its not bringing the correct message record, there is another check in backend which is causing this problem. Let me get that one for you

Look up this path if your messages set in MN04 is not populating correctly under messages button in PO.

Spro>MM>Purchasing>messages>output control>message types>define message types for PO, then click execute,double click on fine tune control: PO, here look for check marks under U field, if check marks are on for other output type, delete those checks and save, usually these checks override your MN04 settings. Once these checks are disabled your problem will be solved.

I came across this problem myself, and this is how it got resolved.

Hope I am helpfull..

Edited by: Afshad Irani on May 6, 2010 5:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afshad,

Thanks for your reply and I have checeked the settings as per your prevoius message and I have not found activation indicator under U column.

My problem is when I am testing in qulaity sytem without out put type also PO got released without any error but in production we are geeting the error.Could you please help me from where I am getting the error

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Katta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnank you very much for giving the better solution Jürgen and Afshad

I got the problem with SM13 transaction in production.Problem is that in the ouput type program Somebody might have changed the program with diffrent requests and the new requests are not sent to production in sequence then we got the syntax error in the program and finally rectified in the program

thank you once again

Best Regards

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all

>

> When I am releasing the purchase order I am getting the following error

> Express docuement "update was terminated.Could ypo please help me how to resolve this error.

>

> Thanks in advance

>

> Regards

> Katta

This error usually occurs because of printer settings being incorrect. Check in ME23n under messages button, what settings are there and then check in MN05 what message record is set for PO. Both output types should be same as seen in MN05. If they are not same, you need to manually correct the output type to the output type mentioned in MN05.