cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern regarding migration of Product Hierarchy - Upgrade from SRM 4 to 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0.

The client wants to completely realign the present Flat structure of Product category to a Hierarchy form. Unfortunately SAP doesn't provide any drag and drop feature in COMM_HIERARCHY application so that the exisiting categories can be realligned. Also if I create a new Hierarchy and manually create a new structure of Product Category in it and then assign the same to the Purchasing application in COMM_PRAPPLCAT then I cannot further process the Open Orders that have the Product Category referring to the Old Hierarchy.

The issue is to have a new set of Hierarchy and also to be able to process the existing Orders that referenced the category that were attached to the old hierarchy.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have some requirement to implement Product Category Hierarchy from ECC to SRM system.

Hope you have done this functionality successfully, Can you please share configuration document with clear details to jvk999@rediffmail.com. It is bit urgent hence sending this message. 

Regards,

vj.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

1. old product hierarchy let it be there - you might pushed to new box.

2. new hierachy which you might have created upon the customer request .let it be separate and this can be used for procurement further.

my advise dont mess up both things.

with new hierarchy you can create a SRM business objects .. etc...

however you can request SAP for suggestions.

there are people every year they change the product hierarchy rules so every year they upload hierarchy and utilise the business new one and old one will be abonded for procurement and but remain same in the system for further reference.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu

I agree that I create a new Hierarchy and that would be henceforth used for further procurement. But the problem is how can I use the Old Hierarchy also.

At the time of going live there would still be lot of orders referrencing to the Old Hierarchy. Even though the Old hierarchy would be present in the new system, we cannot reference it as we would have assigned the New Hierarchy to the Purchasing application.

The idea is to use the New Hierarchy but also to be able to reference the category in the Old Hierarchy.

Unfortunately SAP allows only one Hierarchy to be attached to the Application "Purchasing".

Regards

Manoj

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

but however you can use new only for procurement right . the remaining may not be used for creating new SRM business object since all your new hierarchy contains your old data too.

test and tell us.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj

We can use the BADI BBP_PRODCAT_HIER, to change the product category hierarchy within SRM or if you want to change the structure coming from ERP. Have a look at this BADI.

R/Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

BADI BBP_PRODCAT_HIER is called only upon replication of product categories from the backend, in a standalone

scenario you will not be able to use this.

Also there is currently no standard way to orginazie existing product categories into hierarchies. You can only create new categories and delete the old ones. Please pay attention that this should only be considered if the categories are not used anymore in open documents.

So in short restructuring of the existing categories is not possible.

Regards

Manoj