cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The RoHS data management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

now i'm implementing the QM module, and the company requires the rohs certification files management and I donnot find any thing to input or manage these data

so , does this damand outrange the QM module and the EHS the only way to manage the ROHS data?

thx!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanhan,

If you wish to manage RoHS data from product compliance perspective, which may not only include managing the data, but also perform compliance checks, product registrations, data gathering in supply chain , and data sharing; then SAP REACh compliance solution is the best bet. This is a Netweaver based solution which sits on top of SAP EH&S solution and requires separate license.

However, if your requirement only limits to storing & retrieving RoHS certification & data files/documents , then SAP DMS (document mgmt. system) is the best bet.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Hanhan,

> If you wish to manage RoHS data from product compliance perspective, which may not only include managing the data, but also perform compliance checks, product registrations, data gathering in supply chain , and data sharing; then SAP REACh compliance solution is the best bet. This is a Netweaver based solution which sits on top of SAP EH&S solution and requires separate license.

>

> However, if your requirement only limits to storing & retrieving RoHS certification & data files/documents , then SAP DMS (document mgmt. system) is the best bet.

>

> Regards,

> Pavan

Hi, Pavan

Thanks for your sharing.

After the survey, I found out that the client requires maintaining the relationship between the vendor and the material, after that, a SGS certification file is supposed to upload and linked to the material.

Also, a BOM structure is required, which intended to show a certain kind of product is made of/from green material.

So, is there any way to fullfill these demands within the current implement range (MM,SD,PP,QM FICO)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanhan,

I personally feel that the requirements mentioned by you can be handled in standard SAP MM module.

1. You can maintain "source list" in me01 for material-vendor relationships.

2. In material master view (Additional data-->Document data), you can upload your SGS certification files against the material.

3. You can maintain "Product structure" for material and display it in material master (Environment-->Product structure)

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Hanhan,

>

> I personally feel that the requirements mentioned by you can be handled in standard SAP MM module.

> 1. You can maintain "source list" in me01 for material-vendor relationships.

> 2. In material master view (Additional data-->Document data), you can upload your SGS certification files against the material.

> 3. You can maintain "Product structure" for material and display it in material master (Environment-->Product structure)

>

> Regards,

> Pavan

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your sharing.

I've followed the steps you mentioned and found that it's a little bit different. The total requirements are as follows:

1) Vendor's certification files, some kind of self-evaluation files, upload.

2) Vendor-Material relationship maintenance, and the corresponding SGS files upload. If the material have more than one vendor, different files should be uploaded according to the vendor. The files' valid date should also be maitained.

3) A product structure, which is a structure that shows the components of a product. In this structure, each of the product should choose one of the certification flies uploaded before. This shows the product is made of rohs certificated materials.

4) By maintaining the valid date (in Step 2) and producture (in Step 3), we can see in the coming 3 months, which material's certification file would be expired and what kind of product will be affected. In this way, we can always keep the files in valided status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanhan,

Now based on your detailed requirement, I feel SAP REACh solution is the best fit. This will not only do compliance checks , but also would enable to you to generate compliance report in the prescribed formats. Moreover, you can even maintain criterions for many product compliance regulations like China RoHS, EU RoHS, REACh, WEEE etc.

You can perform compliance checks from a common workbench called "Compliance workbench". You can transfer your R/3 BOM to compliance workbench by BOM-BOS interface thereby creating the corresponding substances in this solution.

Having done that you can maintain vendor's relationship and corresponding self certification documents against the substances including the validity dates of certification.

Having maintained all the compliance criterions, you then perform compliance check, which immediately give you a log describing the compliance inconsistencies along with traffic lights(the validity dates of the certification would also get accounted for in the compliance checks). You can even generate task against each non-compliance like sharing/acquiring substance data details with suppliers/vendors/customers. Once all non-compliances are closed, you declare the parent material as RoHS compliant.

As far as reminders for certification expiry is concerned, you can very well maintain workflows for intimation of the same.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanhan,

I agree with Pavan that SAP Prodct and REACH Compliance would fit for the requirements.

Pavan's explanation about the functional scope of SPRC is very comprehensive. Just two small additions:

1) The BOMBOS transfer can also transfer vendor/supplier relationships directly either by evaluating purchasing info records, by evaluating AMPLs (approved manfacturer part lists) or defined by a customer specific logic.

2) To track the expiry of a compliance certification maybe it wold also be an option to extend the Compliance Checks by a customer specific check tracking the expiry date and create a supplier task when the certification is expired or will expire soon.

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)