cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business object edge free trial (license key)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i m getting crazy.

i download the free trial of b.o edge series trial, but the evaluation license code is not correct.

i tried to install it several time but i can't..

how come Sap give a incorrect code???

anyone can help me?

on support site they said to ask for a temporary license..but is accessibile only for customer or partner..and how i can be

a customer or partrner if i cant try the product?

thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing....if you want to run Windows server on your box, just install Sun's Virtual Box, then install Windows 2003 server on that. Use Bridged networking (option in setup) and you can have a virtual server inside your PC that you can experiment with. If you don't have a license for Windows server, download a trial from Microsoft - they give you 180 days - 6 months - as a trial, which is much more reasonable than a mere 30 days.

VirtualBox:

http://www.virtualbox.org/

Incredibly simple to set up...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is the keycodes were only valid for 2009. Don't bother trying to call SAP - I spent over an hour and a half on the phone and was transferred to 5 different people only to be told the only solution was to download it again....10 hours later...same problem. The official word is that "Trial versions are not supported" regardless if you tell them you can't very well trial it if it cannot be installed!

You have to change your system date to something prior to July 2009 and install it that way. Unfortunately, everytime you want to 'TRIAL' it, you have to use that system date. Do NOT leave your system date changed and power off your box.

The only key they seem to be sending now is:

Please do not share licens keys in the forums, this is a violation of the forum rules

You can install it with that key (after changing your date), but to activate/register it, it won't work, so then try this one:

I, for one, am absolutely disgusted with the whole process. MICROSOFT offers much better products all in one suite. Heck, the developer version of SQL Server 2008 (all the features of Enterprise, but only for development purposes) is now under $50! Incredible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I believe this has happened again . It might have expired at the end of 2015.

The trial key has expired again. I know a couple of folks who tried to install it recently and it said that the "key is invalid"

Hopefully SAP will fix this.

0 Kudos

Are you trying to install the software on a machine running Windows Server (2003 oder 2008)?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, i m tryng to install on a pc, windows xp

is not possible?

0 Kudos

This may be the reason why you get the invalid key error. Try this on a Windows Server installation. Windows Server 2003 and 2008 are officially supported by SAP.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

too bad, i m home and i dont' have a win server..seem that i can't learn B.O product from home..

thanks.

M.