cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Packaged Product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We stock and sell a Finished Product in 'Each'. The finished product (Material A) comprise of a plastic bottle (Material B) and liquid Fluid (Material C) inside the bottle. I am aware in RMWB we have the Real Substance and (ii) Packaging.

Kindly please let me know which is correct while creating substances for the above in RMWB.

Material A-- Real Substance

Material B--Packaging

Material C---Real Substance

or

Material A-- Packaging

Material B--Packaging

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Following is how my understanding goes. I may be wrong at some places, but this may probably help you in totality.

1. Firstly, the classification should be like:

Material A-- Real Substance as well as R/3 material (with substance-matierial assignment)

Material B--Packaging

2. You can't assign units to substance header , though you define many tangible properties of the substance in property tree.

3. You define the composition of substance C in property tree. (I presume material C to be of significance as far as recipe / composition is concerned. In case, Material A is of aforesaid importance, then define composition for same)

4. You perform BOM-BOS transfer for integrating recipe composition to the production order BOM.

5. For packaging the end product, you define packaging details in the material master of the "Material A".

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

Thanks a lot for the answer. Here are my following questions.

The base unit of measure for the Material A is EA as we stock it in Each.

For the specification master (real substance) for Material A, what will be the base unit of measure. I dont see anything defined as EA for specifications. Specifications only have units like Kg, Lb, Ga......., etc. Do I have to configure EA for the specification and inside Recipe Management for the Lot Size for the recipe put 1 EA.

thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

You cannot assign units to specifications. Specifications hold nature and phsio/chemical data of the material. Units are defined at material level only.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This assignement is correct.

Material A-- Real_sub

Material B--Packaging