Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sy-subrc eq 1001

0 Kudos

i am doing a BDC using call transaction method (MM01 Transaction). When i execute in All screen mode i am getting SY-SUBRC = 0 but when execute in no screen mode it is returning SY-SUBRC = 1001. I checked in BDCMSGCOLL table but there were no A or E messages. There is 1 message of type S with message class 00 and message number 347 i .e MG03STEUER-TAXKM

i have to provide 3 tax classifications to BDC, based on how many needed, they will be filled

lets see i send 3 and system only needs 2, i get this message "field MG03STEUER-TAXKM(3) is not an input field".

logic to find only required no of TAXKM fields so that i can only send required no is very complex

please suggest my options

Moderator message - Please see before posting - offering points is not allowed

thank you

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 11, 2010 4:59 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you CALL TRANSACTION in UPDATE mode = N, then sy-subrc = 1001 is indicating that you have an break-point:

Mode "N":

Processing without display of screens. If a breakpoint is reached in one of the called transactions, processing is terminated with sy-subrc same as 1001. The field sy-msgty contains "S", sy-msgid contains "00", sy-msgno contains "344", sy-msgv1 contains "SAPMSSY3", and sy-msgv2 contains "0131".

Thanks,

Arash

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you CALL TRANSACTION in UPDATE mode = N, then sy-subrc = 1001 is indicating that you have an break-point:

Mode "N":

Processing without display of screens. If a breakpoint is reached in one of the called transactions, processing is terminated with sy-subrc same as 1001. The field sy-msgty contains "S", sy-msgid contains "00", sy-msgno contains "344", sy-msgv1 contains "SAPMSSY3", and sy-msgv2 contains "0131".

Thanks,

Arash

0 Kudos

Arash,

thank you for the quick response

let me be more clear

case1. when i run in mode 'A' and when i go on pressing enter at the end i have sy-subrc = 0.

case2. when i run in mode 'E' the cursor stops at the tax-classification screen and shows message in the status bar

as i press enter, at the end i have sy-subrc = 0

case3. when i run in mode 'N' at the end i have sy-subrc = 1001

please advise

0 Kudos

HI,

May I ask why you're using BDC and not a BAPI to create an article? Is this for retail?

0 Kudos

this is a existing huge PDM report which has a bdc issue when i tried to add 3rd tax classification, this is not a stage where i can tell them that i would like to do such a major change

please advise something which i can do with minimal change

former_member536879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this BAPI instead of using the BDC. Which Version of SAP are using ? If you are using the 4.6 that will be problem when it comes to 6.0 . And for the extension of material we have bapi also .

so do the things with the BAPI.

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

0 Kudos

i am sorry i should have informed this before, i am using SAP 4.6

Edited by: kolans on May 12, 2010 7:05 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA. Its also avaialable in 4.6

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

0 Kudos

guys i do understand that i can use a BAPI, for which i have to change most part of the code

but this is a case of just a single tax-classification addition, its just that i want to make minimal changes

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kolan,

With my understading, If you run the dialog program or BDC in background then the success subrc is 1001, there is nothing wrong with your code.

If the BDC is runned in background or display error mode the subrc is 1001 whereas for foreground it is 0.

Thanks,

Anmol.

0 Kudos

yes anmol u just repeated my question

when i run with mode 'E' report stops at tax-classification and give me a msg on status bar, when i press enter it will give me sy-subrc = 0 at the end

when i run with mode 'N' report just gives me sy-subrc = 1001 at the end

please advise

0 Kudos

Hi Kolan,

It seems to be some possibilities like

1) Missing any data which is mand ,

2) value not apropriate for the field tax-classification ,

3) may be when running in E mode it is stopping for field tax-classification means it requres come action like ENTER ,

at the point so in background it is not possible tht y subrc is 1001 here,

4) running program in dbg mode or have any break point in the programs.

try your luck.

Thanks,

Anmol.