cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material marked for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we had marked a material for deletion at the plant level only not at the company code level,when i try to see that material accout vierw in mm03 i get a message that the material is " At least two deletion flags are set".

now

For this material ,it is Single plant material and since it is flagged for deletion at Plant Level, can it be considered as deletion at Client Level like another material deleted as company code level, What is the difference? What is allowed? As when cost rolled out is done, this material deleted at plant level, will still be generated, but at plant stage is already flagged for deletion and material do not exist in other plants. Is it the same deletion status as material delted at company code level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had marked a material for deletion at the plant level only not at the company code level,when i try to see that material accout vierw in mm03 i get a message that the material is " At least two deletion flags are set".

there is no deletion flag at company code level.

if you have set the deletion falg at plant level, then it automatically distributes the deletion flag to all org levels below plant level, which is the storage location level and valuation type level.

technically spoken you have a deletion flag in table MARC and MBEW.

For this material ,it is Single plant material and since it is flagged for deletion at Plant Level, can it be considered as deletion at Client Level

No, as the deletion flag is not set at general level (MARA table). From your point of view the material may not be valid if the single plant is flagged for deletion, but technically it is different. With an archiving job, SAP would archive plant level data but retain the general data in your system. the user has to analyze first if the material is to be deleted at plant level only or at client level and has to set the flag accordingly. SAP does not give you any support here.

As when cost rolled out is done, this material deleted at plant level, will still be considered

Yes it will be considered as the deletion indicator does not really restrict the use of this material, it is just an indicator that express your wish. If you want restrict usage, then you have to customize material and sales statuses and have to assign the status to your material master. The material status has an indicator to stop costing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you set deletion flag for material at higher lever, ie. at Plant level automatically you get this flag at lower lever i.e. storage location and valuation type.

Try this procedure in MM06 - you will get message, that also lower level flags are set.

1.run MM06 for plant and storage location

2. mark at storage location level only

3. save

4. run again MM06 for plant and storage location

5. remove mark at stor. loc. level

6. set flag at plant level and press 'ENTER'

7. you will see the warning message from SAP.

8. save and run mm06 - you will see, that deletion flag i set at plant level and lower levels mentioned above.

Hope it helps.

regards,

w.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my doubt is when material is deleted at plant level (and say this is single plant material) ,when cost rolled out is done, this material will still be generated,? but at plant it is already flagged for deletion and material do not exist in other plants.please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean by "material generation"?

regards,

w

Former Member
0 Kudos

will this material is considered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is nothing I can add to Jürgen post.

regards,

w

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can confirm the changes from MM04 and MM06 too. if the deletion is on plant level it would not allow any activity at plant level as valuation is on plant level.

regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babitha,

in Material master you can find info icon, blue colour icon just click that

You can get the details

Regards

Madhu