cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webgui using SAPgui for HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the transactional iviews from portal to ECC system and it connects with the SSO without asking the username and password, but when I use the Webgui link directly from the brower it is asking for the user name and the password.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

In order for Webgui to logon using SSO to ECC you need the browser to have the mysap sso cookie.

On our system we created a workaround:

We've used the "Error pages" tab of the webgui service and redirected to a page that redirects the IE session

to our SSO portal thus the browser receives the SSO cookie ---> from there back to the webgui.

How did you solve this issue ?

Regards

Adi J.

Edited by: Adi Jabkowsky on Mar 29, 2011 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you solve this  ?

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You have the SSO working fine from Portal to ECC.

If you do not want to have the logon dialog when calling the WEBGUI through the SAPGUI (or opening via IE), you need to have SSO in your PC/ECC server too.

Maybe SAP note 1257108 (ABAP Security note) can provide you with more information.

All the best,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

We already activated SNC and sso in our ECC side. ECC system is deactivated for the password and can use only by the SSO only. In all our workstations we got the Kerberous installed and working with the SSO.

Only thing is when we are running the WEBGUI, the link was not coming with the Sessions like

http://hostname.com:80xx/sap(xxxxxxxx)/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

sap(xxxxxxxx) - I guess this is the session ID that will come make to enter without authentication.

Thanks

John

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but it sounds like you want to call the Webgui service directly without any sort of logon. That is possible if you set a generic user/password for the webgui service in SICF, but I don't think that is what you want.

Basically you will need to logon at least once, when using the Portal you logon to the Portal and that gives the user an SSO that is valid for the ITS (therefore the iViews work without logon prompt). It is not clear from your description where you want the logon prompt when calling the ITS directly?

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

If I try from the Portal, to call ECC system transaction code it directly goes to the system T-code (B'cas we given the ticket type to "SAP Logon type" in Portal --> system configuration-> Systems).

But If I directly want to call the link in the brower like copy the below link and paste them in the brower http://saphost.com:80xx/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui , it is asking for the username and the password.

DO I need to specify the client parameters, system and all other parameters in SICF?

Thanks

John

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

It is still not clear what the issue is.

I understand that you get to the ITS iView directly without logon prompt when using the Portal. This is usually because the user has already logged on to the Portal and the ITS is getting the logon credentials from the Portal.

I understand that you would like to NOT be prompted for logon when calling the ITS directly.

What is not clear is where you are expecting the logon credentials to come from when calling the ITS directly.

Please note that the Portal logon credentials should be deleted when you change the URL of the browser, that is part of the session management features of the Portal.

Logon to the ITS requires four things:

1. username

2. password

3. client

4. language

Thanks,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

"I understand that you would like to NOT be prompted for logon when calling the ITS directly.

What is not clear is where you are expecting the logon credentials to come from when calling the ITS directly."

In SICF, I don't have any service parameter inserted like client no, Language, etc., SO when I right click -> Test Service (the WEBgui Link from SICF T-code), it opens in the IE brower and asking for the system crediantials like System no is grayed, Client no, User(Via Pop up) Pwd (Via Pop UP).

and it has

"SSO logon not possible; browser logon ticket cannot be accepted

Choose "Log On" to continue. A dialog box appears in which you can enter your user and password

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password"

Whether I need to put the service parameters to work for the SSO when calling the Webgui?

Eventhough I don't have any parameters in the service parameters in WEBGUI (SICF T-code), when I call from Portal system, it is not prompting for the user name or the password. It will directly shows the ECC page.

Thanks

John