cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a profit center on material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

My user needs to Change the Profit Center on Material, and he sent to me the questions below:

Could you please help me with these questions ?

If that inventory is issued off the system, will it allow change?  If there are open orders (purchase, process, sales or transfer) will it allow change?  What are all the things that the logic is looking at?

Thanks and regards,

Orlando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando.

Take a look on oss note 141009 you will need to reset the profit center for POs.

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just think about it. do you use profit center accounting?

As you maintain profit center, I assume the answer is yes.

do you want accurate profit center accounting?

if yes, then never change the profit center while you have stock.

..because: you received the stock to profit center A. if you change the PC in material master, then the stock does not move to profit center B. but the next goods issue is recorded with profit center B.

so at the end of the day, you have an amount at profit center A, which will never get removed. and you have an issue on profit center B for that you do not have a goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also experienced that even when you issue the stock to have 0 inventory and no "active" transactions such as Purchase Orders exist, it's still not possible to change the Profit Center on the material master.

I have the impression that it also checks the prior month stock (MARDH), although I don't see why that check would be necessary.

In what way could this still cause inconsistencies?

Regards,

Greet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System allow changing the profit center in material master even open inventory, open ordersu2026..etc are present to that material.

Regards,

Lok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

To change the profit center of a material you must make sure that there is no stock in current or previous period (make sure to check table MARDH for the previous period). If there is stock existing, you will get error MM335 'You want to change the profit center but material stock still exists' in MM02. In this case, you could maintain the message MM335 in OMT4 as a warning or wait until the next period when there is no stock in the current and previous period and the change would be allowed.

I hope this helps!

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u want to change the profit center of a material you should not have any stocks, any open purchase orders, reservations, contracts etc. This is because if any purchase order is existing for that material, at the time of MIGO profit center will be picked from purchase order.