cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Dynamic Entry List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a dynamic entry list based on JDBC stored procedure (SP).

While configuring the output parameters I don't see any of the output fields of the SP.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Aviad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

To get the stored procedure output fields you have to run the stored procedure first.

Right click the stored procedure, choose "Test Data Service...", input your parameters, click "Test" and then when you see the output click "Add Fields".

Then right click the stored procedure again, choose "Redefine Ports", and select the fields you want to output in the _RESULT parameter.

After you do that, you will be able to see the fields in the dynamic entry list as well and you can delete the stored procedure from the screen.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run from where? This is a "Dynamic Entry List" attached to a dropdown.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Search for the stored procedure in the Search panel and drag it to the layout view. Then do as I wrote, and you can delete it from the layout view after you get the fields in the entry list.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, you have to drag it to the Design view, not the Layout view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not working.

The output fields are not shown in the "Outputs" tab of the entry list - there is only "define expression..." and if I choose the SP fields then the drop-down is empty.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right. This is because VC doesn't know the fields of the stored procedure until you test it, but it has to be done separately for each usage of the stored procedure, and you can't do it for entry lists.

There is a workaround for it though.

Wrap the store procedure with a service: create a service in the same DC (from the New Model dialog), drag the stored procedure to the service, test it and add the fields, and from the stored procedure drag data in and data out for all its ports. Then use that service in the entry list (when you define the entry list, choose "Visual Composer Models" in "search in").

Best regards,

Tal.

Answers (0)