cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output file not getting generated.

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a scenario R/3->XI->Legacy system. When the file is generated by a program, unix script runs and moves the file to FTP server. From there, it is moved to output folder on Legacy system. I have an issue where I am not able to see the output file from the FTP server to the Legacy system. There are no errors seen on message monitor or RTWB. I also checked the program, Unix script, FTP server is all running. What can I do for troubleshooting? I have checked almost everywhere. I also checked the server port XI connects, the system login, etc.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check default .trc log file in visual admin.it will tell u if there any errors..and it gives the complete log

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who helped/replied. Closing this thread as no further replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajan,

As u said <i>" When the file is generated by a program, unix script runs and moves the file to FTP server. From there, it is moved to output folder on Legacy system"</i>

How and where it is linked w.r.t. XI? can u please explain in this line.

Best regards

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing Content conversion, please can you just remove it and see if the XML file is getting generated.

Also, please check if it's picked up by any other application when you place it on the server.

I am assuming out here that you are speaking abt the file that is give by SAP XI after processing hte incomming file.

Regards

Vijaya

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

A program in R/3 runs and generates file, this file is processed by XI with content conversion and put it on the FTP server. But XI is not generating this file so there is no file on the FTP server. The adapter, interface,FTP server, unix script are all running fine. I don't know where else to look.

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya:

When XI picks up the file from R/3, it is doing the content conversion. You say, just remove it. What should I remove, where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajan

What I understand from your saying is:

With a program R/3 is generating a File. So here there is no XI role.

Then XI is picking this file and sending to FTP server. So File-XI-File scenario. First of all are you sure that your R/3 is generating the file what XI is expecting? If yes then your XI will pick up and you will see in SXMB_MONI. If not first find out whether it is generating or not. If it generates and if you are unable to pick the file then check the authorisations. Also if you are doing Content conversion kindly go to adapter monitor and find out whether you can see any error?

Regards,

---Satish

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish:

I see the file on the FTP server but it is not moving to the legacy system on the end. There are no errors on SXMB_MONI. Should I check the unix script that moves the file from FTP server to destination output folder?

Thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the file is being created then next thing you need to check is the script involved in moving it to say the destination folder.

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the script too, it is running fine but still files are not getting moved to destination folder.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

Check the permissions of the files generated by XI. And is this script is handling this correctly ? check this.

You can troubleshoot by executing scripts from the commandline from XI Unix box with the file name..

Regards,

Moorthy