cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REACH workaround for GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to control hazardous substances in GTS, but do not have the EH&S module turned on in ECC. We have heard that some other companies are using a workaround for REACH in GTS.

The user community is willing to manually maintain the REACH control in GTS. Is there any sort of workaround that can be used in the Hazardous Substance Control area?

Another option is to create a separate legal regulation for REACH that would have to be "classified" in conjunction with EAR.

I'm also wondering if we could use standard EAR, but control with the peculiarity or grouping codes.

Ideally, we'd like to use some manual solution in the Hazardous Substance control so that we can easily differentiate when an order is blocked for REACH vs for true legal control from the Monitoring screen.

Any feedback you have on what would be the cleanest solution?

Thanks,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica

keep in mind that REACH have effects on production too (if you are producing a "chemical" within the REACH territory). GTS can not control (block etc.) production !

So using only GTS is risky. Keep in mind in addition that GTS is not "counting"; what is really needed in REACH. That means you must count manually and that is normally taking into accont the high number of orders in an ERP system no option in the real life.

Regarding the process of "import".

I believe you can try to perform a specific set up not using the GTS possibilites to avoid the call to EH&S SVT. Here I have no experience. I have only experience with the full scenario (that means using EH&S SVT).

In principle in my opinion GTS is "flexible" that means you are able to control if or if not the EH&S SVT is used. With out EH&S SVT in my opinion you can not fulfill the REACH legislation/regulation.

With best regards

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, all, for the input. The REACH team is managing the "counting" in some manual process and they understand it's not a perfect solution until they get EH&S activated. For now, they will handle the manual processes regarding production builds and will use GTS legal control area to "classify" if an item is REACH compliant or not.

Thanks,

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Its quite interesting topic and i have a work around solution for REACH through GTS though its Conceptual and tested in our environment I will be happy to discuss with you . I am reachble through naga.ambatipudiatyahoo.com for further information

Regards

Naga Ambatipudi