5 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2010 2:17 AM by Gopinatha Rao Ganesh Kumar RSS

SRM Vendor Replication  Doubt

Sara Bercianos
Currently Being Moderated

Dear SRM Experts,

My colleagues and me are facing some problems in an SRM project.

Itu2019s about the supplier replication between the ERP and the SRM system. I understand that the standard functionality says that the supplier replication goes from ERP to SRM (not the other way around), please correct me if Iu2019m wrong.

The problem in this project is that they want to have bidders that are not yet vendors in ERP system. So when a bidder wins the bid, it would be replicated to the ERP system as a vendor. They donu2019t want to create all the bidders in SRM as vendors in ERP, because they donu2019t become vendors until they win a bidding process. 

This means that the bidder would be created in SRM and then replicated to the ERP system but not in every case, just when it wins a bid process. According to your experience how do customers solve this problem?

In our case the customer have decided to create the bidders in SRM and once they win the bidding process replicate them as vendors from SRM to ECC using a customer development, they will use this Z also  to add customer fields to the standard screen.  We would like to know what´s your opinion about this option.

We have thought that maybe we can use different account groups to manage the suppliers that are only bidders and the suppliers that are suppliers, but we are not sure about the issues this option could cause.

Thanks a lot for your time !

• Re: SRM Vendor Replication  Doubt
    Masayuki Sekihara

Hi,

If you are implementing SRM 7.0, please contact SAP if there is a solution in coming EhP1.

Regards,

Masa

Sara Bercianos

Thanks for your prompt answer ,

But we are already implementing a SRM 7.0 EhP1 with PPS and we still don´t know any solution for this problem.

Indeed the problem in this project is that they want to have bidders that are not yet vendors in ERP system. So when a bidder wins the bid, it would be replicated to the ERP system as a vendor. They donu2019t want to create all the bidders in SRM as vendors in ERP, because they donu2019t become vendors until they win a bidding process. So the solution would be replicate the bidders form SRM to ERP

Or maybe (As a kind of solution ) the could create the bidders as a different type of vendor in ERP but we still don´t know how to manage all the replications for this situation :

- ¿Whould it be possible to create a vendor-bidder in ERP and the convert it in a normal-vendor when it wins a bid? ¿How would this be done? ¿How the 2 differente account groups would be replicated to SRM?.....

Jay Yang

In our case the customer have decided to create the bidders in SRM and once they win the bidding process replicate them as vendors from SRM to ECC using a customer development, they will use this Z also to add customer fields to the standard screen. We would like to know what´s your opinion about this option.

If your SRM bidders didn't come from the ERP system, I would assume they are locally created in SRM or through a public RFx. In any case, I think the option you described is a viable solution. However I wouldn't resplicate the winning bidders in a synchronous process to the bid accepting process. I would create a custom report that is embedded in a background job which runs periodically (such as daily) to extract new winning bidders and replicate them in ERP system as suppliers/vendors.

Gopinatha Rao Ganesh Kumar

Hi,

Good Requirement.

You have to create a vendor in ERP maually after the bidder is selected for the bid.

(or) convince the client saying that Vendor replication is possible from SAP to SRM  not the other way round.

Regards

Ganesh Kumar.G

Actions